or Connect

Posts by Farmgate

I am thinking of wearing a blue polo shirt and chinos, brown loafers to a co-worker's outdoor housewarming party, to be held in June. I am not that fond of chinos and polo shirts, but want to look respectful and courteous. Am I going "underddressed"? I like a more fashion forward look with featured jeans and a tee shirt, but with this group, that's not going to happen. What would you recommend by way of an alternative to the polo look? I was thinking of a...
One of my co-workers has invited me to a housewarming party, in mid-June, and mentioned that the dress code was "casua" and that part of the party will be in the backyard, where they are cooking sea food on the massive grill. I know some of the big wigs and their wives will be there, and we'll see everything from khaki shorts, penny loafers and dress oxfords, to tee shirts and jeans. Initially I planned to wear a slim-fit Navy Polo with slim khaki chinos and brown...
Quote: Originally Posted by Eason WHY DON'T YOU FUCKING TRY PUTTING A PAIR ON YOU CUNT (I don't think it would look good because of the cut of the jacket will make it float) That's what I thought. Too much like a suit jacket. I should have bought the separate trousers when I had the chance. Thanks for your advice.
I just bought the below attached light tan Billy Reid jacket, but not the matching trousers. The manufacturer says in their literature that you can wear the jacket separately, or with the trousers. Can I wear the jacket with a pair of straight leg raw denim jeans? Will it look ok, or will it look like an orphaned suit jacket coupled with raw denim? Or should I go back to the store and buy the separate light tan trousers? The jacket is basically a soft...
I just bought a Billy Reid jacket and had second thoughts about the pants...they're baggy and I feel like an ice cream salesman. Can I wear the jacket separately, with raw denim jeans or contrasting pants, or does it look too much like an orphaned suit jacket? Thanks, pics are attached.
I just bought this light tan cotton Billy Reid jacket, and find that the separate matching trousers are baggy. I was wondering if I can wear the jacket separately, with raw denim blue jeans or contrasting gray or brown flat dress pants? Will it look like an orphaned suit jacket, or stand alone as a blazer? I think, with the cut and pockets, it can be worn separately, but I would appreciate a second opinion. Thank you in advance for your advice and suggestions. ...
What type of trousers look best with blue suede loafers? I have several pairs of bootcut jeans which don't look right. To my eyes, straight cut raw denim looks the best. Also they seem to look ok with stone colored khakis, but not quite there... Optimally, what would look best with them? Medium gray dress trousers? Thanks for any suggestions. http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/ca...550cat10580739
Found the attached arrangment of Armani sportscoat over dark green flat front pants, plus lime green shoes and belt. What do you think of the positioning of lite green shoes and belt? Hell yes or hell no? Thank you for your comments. http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/ca...734cat11940745
I am thinking of buying the Billy Reid cotton summer suit as depicted on actor Frecheville in the attached photo. http://thestylistsite.com/2011/03/25...my-three-sons/ Scroll down, it's the third picture, worn by Frecheville on the right hand side. It's a casual summer cotton suit. My question is: if I wear the jacket separately, as a sports coat, can I wear colored jeans with the sportcoat? I was thinking slim (not skinny) colored jeans, maybe a darker tan, a...
I have a couple of light cotton suits, both casual and want to wear them on a business trip to Chicago in mid-May, after business hours when I hit the bars and clubs. I am trying to decide if I should take the light cotton suits or stick with dark blue jacket/dark suits. I am frankly bored with the dark blue jacket/matching trousers ensemble. I am trying to do something new. I like the way the stone gray looks over a muted yellow shirt with mid-brown Allen Edmunc...