or Connect

Posts by Lord-Barrington

It makes sense that the further you are from directly employing an individual the more difficult/lengthy it will be to fire them, mostly because you probably don't have the power to even fire them yourself. My own boss can't just show up one day and fire one of his direct reports even if he or she was doing a terrible job. HR, upper management, etc, would need to be alerted and everyone would need to make sure they were covered legally, etc. That just isn't how it works in...
You`re in your mid twenties, which means you have no idea what you want, even if you think you do. So don't worry. Coming up on 30, I think I can say with some authority that for me the key in your mid to late thirties is: 1) Put down the base for a working life. If this means getting an MBA or churning out a few more years at your current job to get a god base in something (in your case, understanding company financials, how operations work, how to put together a pitch...
One of the best TV Series I have ever watched (animated or not):
This was a really great miniseries. The casting was fantastic and all of the performances were top notch. The set design was dope as well.
I always send one. It helps fill in gaps or particularities that you might not be able to easily explain in your CV and shows whoever is handling your application that you care enough about them to at least right a targeted letter.
I have watched a ton of Criterion releases over the years and most of them are very good, but here are a small sample of films released by Criterion that I found to be exceptional:The 400 Blows (Truffaut)The Adventures of Antoine Doinel (Truffaut)An Autumn Afternoon (Ozu)Badlands (Malick)Band of Outsiders (Godard)The Battle of Algiers (Pontecorvo)Blue if the Warmest Color (Kechiche)Branded to Kill (Suzuki)Elevator to the Gallows (Malle)The Face of Another (Teshigehara)The...
Those snow piles were the second most effective goaltending weapon I have seen used ina SCF, right behind JS Giguère`s comically oversized pads!Speaking of which, Gort does need to post some pics of his new gear. Don`t tease us!
Enjoy it!
Richards will most likely get bought out. He has a little bit left in the tank but no one will want him at his current price. If a player on a big contract can't be moved, you have no choice. Sucks for Brad though -- he's had some good years.I think they definitely resign Brass, Zucc, Moore, and give Kreider a 2.5MM bridge deal for a few seasons. That's the name of the game for young, promising RFAs.I also thing they bring back Pouliot for 1 year, probably resign Boyle as...
Don't get me wrong, I think Zucc amd Hagelin have been outstanding this series, especially Zucc. Kreider has had his ups and downs but he has been dangerous. The problem I was trying to highlight is that these guys have all showed up and really hurt LA with their speed, but none of them are top-class finishers. So they have been generating opportunities, but they have had issues burying them.Guys like Zucc and Hagelin and Kreider are valuable to a team due to their speed....