or Connect

Posts by Annadale

+1 on Marty Feldman! These guys look like shit.
Quote: Originally Posted by matt22616 (nice avatar btw).... Cheers, Bill is a favourite of mine.
Quote: Originally Posted by Pantisocrat Dam whiny people. I think some people secretly keep a list of examples to harass the ethnics. For blacks: affirmative action. Oh Harvard...but look at his SAT score. For Mexicans: illegal immigration. Yummy shrimp burrito...wait, you legal? For Asians: slave labor. Oh nice cashmere sweater... but it's slave labor! The reality is that people complain about "Made in China" only when they clearly can't afford that...
Quote: Originally Posted by Newcomer Wayyy too effeminate. I think it is pretty cool. It would take very big balls to carry it off though, but it could be done.
Quote: Originally Posted by M0N0GRAM I'm planning on going to Hawaii for a week sometime in August and I wanna get a new carry on... But I can't decide between A Louis Vuitton Keepall Or This Duffle Bag TotallyVULGAR!
Quote: Originally Posted by matt22616 The value of their labor is rising. I know this is distressing to many of the Caucasian Persuasion, but it's the truth. I don't like it any more than the next red-blooded, cashmere sweater-wearing, white American male, but them's the numbers kiddos. Maybe if hippies and liberals didn't run the country we might have a chance to put them in their place, before they steal our jobs. At least they're not capable of...
^ Oops, forgot to say, he was German!
Quote: Originally Posted by Hans Either would do. Pick the one you are most comfortable in (and wear a conservative tie). In my experience, philosophers in Germany are not quite as suit-averse as they are in the northeastern US. Good luck with your interview! My philosophy professor in Ireland wore suits and sports jacket. Very sombre, I'm afraid, dark to black and back again. Great teacher though, very passionate.
Quote: Originally Posted by otheme Taking a short trip to Beijing. I have set my mind to finding a high quality tailor. Right now I am trying three tailors: two in big shopping plazas, and one independent shop. First impression: their selection of suiting fabric is fairly limited to the traditional colors/textures. The fabrics are mostly Chinese made and have fraudulent labels stating something like "Super 180's Made From Italy." Nonetheless, the...
Quote: Originally Posted by iammatt This is how I do it. Letting raw garlic infuse in warm oil for a long period of time is not the smartest... Raw garlic stored in olive oil is a reasonably successful way of contracting botulism. Absolutely perfect with Angelhair pasta. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garlic