or Connect

Posts by jubu

Sorry--I think I did that backwards--in your case, it would be a half-size down and perhaps the same width or maybe just down a width at the same size. In my case (and for some others on the board) I can wear a 7.5D in the unlined 5-last models (i.e. Neumok) but need an 8C for the Strand and McAllister.I would try maybe an 11C or a 10.5D/E...There's a decent chance they might have those in store so maybe go for a test fit?
I've run into the same issue as you--my Strands and McAllisters fit perfect in 8C but the Park Ave and Fifth Ave were both roomy in the heel and toe box...I ended up getting another pair of Strands after returning twice for the same 8C, thinking it was a manufacturing defect on the Fifths and Parks....I'd try a width down next time (and maybe a size up)...
Anyone know where to get fitted for Carmina in NYC...the MTOs are tempting but I don't know my size...thanks
Congrats on an awesome pair! Sadly AE cancelled my order due to production issues....incredibly jealous to say the least!
Touche...touche! To clarify, I was thinking of how it would look in a normal Strand configuration, without all of the contrast stitching and piping that makes the Rush St. a much more casual shoe...
I had the same thoughts running through my mind when I saw the advert and started to think what a navy blue chromoexel Strand would look like....
Ha...I actually thought @mreams99 was referring to the email/ad as ironic given all the drama brought on by the lack of attention to detail by AE as of late...I guess the ad is funny in more ways than one...
Try Anna at the 6th Ave location...always been very helpful and courteous.
A page or so back, I actually had the same exact question. Interesting how some folks say that the last is narrow, since I just got in touch with Allison and she mention how its a very full last, and one of the largest they have. With her info, I was just about to pull the trigger on a half size down (as my brannock size is technically in between sizes), but now im wondering if I should go bigger....
Anyone know what last the "Brooks Chukka" is on? Looking into ordering a pair from the Shoebank, but would like to have some idea as to what size I should get. Thanks.