or Connect

Posts by Superfluous

Yup, definitely a risk.I really like the Speake-Marin Velsheda the more I look at it. I'm going to stop in a dealer in another city that carries it next month when in town.
Thanks, I'll look into the ones you mentioned.I realized that going with a very dressy watch might not be the best idea, but if I did, I really like the Patek Calatrava 5119 and the Richard Lange. However, I'm realizing I should go with something a little less dressy and something more unique (I think the Breguet models and the Speake-Marin do that). I've got a lot of time and not in a rush. I also have good access to see Patek, Breguet, Glashutte, Speake-Marin, and...
Not a big fan of the FP Journe look. These are interesting by Speake Marin
What's all the hoopla from everyone about enamel dials? Seems to be the first thing anyone mentions.
What other watches would you buy in price range and style? I don't like how most (almost all) Pateks look. Which Lange? Any of the more complex Lange are a lot more expensive.
Two more: Breguet 7787BR 29 Breguet 7787BR 12
hmm, I think there may be two versions. I'm trying to figure that out now.edit - I think this is the 5177BR 12 while the one you mention is the 5177BR 29... strange naming system.
Thoughts on Breguet Classique 5177? It looks much nicer in this photo below than in stock photos.
I'm pretty careful and I doubt it breaks that easily. Wouldn't they have revised it by now?
Opinions on the Patek 5119R (Rose Gold)? It looks really good, and I think the bezel would help mask scratches. However, 36mm is a bit small. Thoughts? Particularly in comparison to A Lange Richard Lange