or Connect

Posts by Superfluous

Which is your favorite from this lineup? Number 1-6
This one is pretty easy to read, and you can approximate the time down to about 5 minutes. This way you're also only reading one hand and could do it faster than reading two hands.
They kinda look like air pressure gauges but I think the concept is interesting.
Are these 3 Cellini models relatively new? Hadn't seen them before but they look really nice. Opinions? I had seen previous models, but not these three http://www.rolex.com/watches.html#cellini-collection
I was thinking... has anyone seen a watch with only one hand? The minute hand really isn't necessary unless you want to see down to the minute as you can approximate the minutes from the hour hand. Would be an interesting design.
Is white gold as soft as yellow gold? Does it scratch as easily as it does? If yes, that's a reason alone to go with steel over white gold.
Thanks. What do you mean "it's generally a stated value and you pay a premium based on the piece being insured for X amount." Does that mean that you can choose to insure for less or more? The problem is, Rolex gave me an "appraisal" for replacement value. However, my state farm insurance quote on that amount is really high and they said it's because it's over $25k and that it really skyrockets above that. Market value is less than $25k and I'd be okay with insuring it for...
Do you all insure your watches? If yes, replacement value or market value? And with who?
Ha, it was a joke. Would be nice though
If I'm spending a lot of money on an engagement ring for my girlfriend, shouldn't I get an engagement watch? Or at least a watch for the wedding? I think so... Maybe make her dad pay for it as a dowry? Thoughts?