or Connect

Posts by Superfluous

So I'm getting different answers while trying to figure out if certain watches are Titanium or Steel from the Speake Marin line.According to this, the silver toned version is titanium http://www.speake-marin.com/collections/j-class-collection/velsheda/velsheda-titanium/42How different is steel from titanium? Which weighs more? Costs more? Stronger? More durable against nicks and scratches?edit- some googling answered my own questions. Looks like titanium is lighter than...
I got chance to see the Speake-Marin Velsheda in person. While I'd be interested in the gold model, they had the steel model on blue alligator. I like it, but I'm not sure you can justify the 2-2.5x price difference between steel and gold in this model. The steel model felt pretty light weight. Gold version stock photo is below:
Are all new models announced? It would be interesting to see if there's a new Speake-Marin.
All three of these are watches I previously circled as pure dress watches I'd want. Perhaps a slightly different A. Lange model (Richard Lange), but strange coincidence anyway. I guess you have good taste.
I like this one:
I think there are ranges of dressy to a "dress watch." If I wanted one for very formal, my favorite is the Patek 5119R, which is a fairly simple dial yet very elegant I think. If I'm looking for something less dressy, then I think I want more out of the dial/design.
Unless you wear your watch upside down, I think you always have to look at aesthetics first, and then the guts second. I just don't think it's anything that spectacular for the amount of attention it receives. Basically a blue dial with a white circle, oversized numbers, and an offset second dial. Of course, I haven't seen it in person, but it's nothing earth shattering from photos.
Am I the only one who thinks the FP Journe Bleu is an internet hype train and not that great looking? The online watch community seems to obsess over it but I think it's just okay looking. I hear there's now a 2 year waiting list for it. I've shown non-online watch community people photos of it and they all dislike it. Internet hype train or not? For those that don't know it, it's a watch made out of tantalum by FP Journe (small company). I believe it's about $20k.
I'm not interested in this right now but I found the watch itself interesting. It's a Glashutte Senator Meissen special model that has a special enamel dial. Very glossy/white, comes off a bit milky in photos. Glashutte Senator Meissen.