or Connect

Posts by georgesoros

If we're talking about the advisory side of IB (as opposed to S&T):1. This is somewhat true. As an analyst, you'll spend countless hours at your computer building financial models, scouring through company filings and financials, writing and formatting various documents, and putting together slides. You don't really get any real client responsibility until you are a VP or possibly an associate. For a lot of people, it's not really about the work you do on a day to day...
Just curious what everyone thinks is the best online clothing site (men or women's) in terms of website functionality and overall user-experience? Also, what kind of functionality do you think is important for an web retailer (e.g. sorting, live-chat, good photography, editorial content)? As of right now, my vote goes to Mr. Porter. The site is very cleanly designed with excellent (but not over-the top) sorting functionality, great photography and item descriptions,...
Mr. "Associate at goldman sachs", you really do not know what you are talking about.1. "economics is all about the greatest benefit to all parties. in this specific example this is you the consumer, the retail presence (or retailers) and obviously the producers." In this case, retailers are definitely maximizing their own utility.Retailers, (operating under imperfect competition) use discounting as a way of price discrimination to derive additional utility (as somebody...
Definitely the last two, given that you would expect to find the first two in a "sales" thread...
Seems like human nature to me. People wanting what the couldn't afford definitely helped lead to the housing crisis...
I was at Barneys in SF yesterday and they were marking down some items while I was there. Bought a RRL sweatshirt that they just marked down to over 60% off.
Does anyone know when Ralph Lauren/RRL starts marking down their F/W stuff?
I'm selling a brand new Monitaly Plaid Field Jacket in Size 40 (fits like a true medium). The jacket retailed for $415 and I'm looking to sell for $300 $250 shipped, Paypal fees included). Same as this coat: http://www.kafka.co.uk/item/Brand_OlivePlaidHoodedFieldJacket_0_0_11984_0.html Thanks for looking!
Barney's in Midtown had a couple pairs of the Momotaro's for $109.