or Connect

Posts by airportlobby

Final price drop before fleabay/returns. Also, check out my NIB Quoddys.
According to O'Connell's, the prices will increase with the next reup. I'm guessing that's why the funky pennies are so much more - they were the most recently received Quoddy's.
I'm in the same boat, Baron. I tried the Larsons, like the fit and look, but just can't get with the leather. First quality are only 50-65 or so at Bass outlets. Even at that price, I can't justify buying shoes made from such ugly leather. Have they always had this plasticky sheen, even in their heyday?
Quote: Originally Posted by Baron If not for the boat sole I might grab those. I'd like a regular calf loafer like the Alden LHS (which is only cordovan AFAIK), and they're not that easy to find. I like the upper on that Quoddy a lot but the boat sole makes it too seasonal and trendy. Agreed. It would look very nice with a camp sole. I've been looking for an alternative to Weejuns, w/o the corrected grain plastic leather, but there don't...
O'Connells now has these penny loafer/siped sole Quoddys. I can't decide if they are hideous or oddly alluring. Even with the (still active) coupon, they are no bargain:
From O'Connell's, I bought them a size small (closest they had in my size), and of course, they fit like they are a size small. I just want to cover my costs. These are cheaper than direct from Quoddy (and no wait!) and supposedly, the price is going up again. Yay internet groupthank! New in box with bag. Size 11E (don't seem too fit much wider than a D). Cinnamon color, fully lined, etc. Only tried on. I don't subscribe to the hypebeasting of Quoddy, but they...
So you really are an OU fan!
You're gonna rot your teeth out, Robbie.
Quote: Originally Posted by Mazda Considering LVC is dead and gone I am going to say no. Is it? I thought that rumor was debunked.
Hmm, still no LVC online?