or Connect

Posts by Rugger

Quote: Originally Posted by reidrothchild Sounds like a good strategy. If suits aren't that common in your office, I wouldn't buy more than one or two anyway. I've read good things about the Benjamin suits, as I'm sure you have as well. If you don't have a pair of black shoes, you should try to get a pair as soon as your funds permit. If your father didn't give you a navy blazer, the BB Fitzgerald Navy Blazer is on sale for like $360, which is a...
Quote: Originally Posted by Teacher Tell me again what his appeal is? He's a golfing buddy - I don't have many of those. I've also known him since childhood. He's the kind of guy that needs to have friends around, but doesn't have a big group of friends. I'm not a pity friend, but he has his moments and is fun to be around golfing. I kinda just put up with him for the most part(when not golfing) and am waiting for him to mentally grow up I...
Another crux is that he's a narcissist, so if I try to confront him about it he'll just blow up on me. Perhaps that would be for the better, though.
Quote: Originally Posted by reidrothchild When I got my first summer clerkship, my rotation consisted of a suit I got for college graduation and two others I hastily purchased from JC Penney's the day before my first day on the job. Shirts, ties, and shoes were purchased from Gabriel Bros. In short, I looked like garbage, and all the stuff that didn't wear out has since been donated. While I "saved" money in the short term, that really turned out to be...
Quote: Originally Posted by someotherstyle Suede jacket?
Quote: Originally Posted by pebblegrain actually, helping others move is easier. I don't really give a shit about their stuff. and no, there is no worse hell... Have you tried moving a gigantic couch through a tiny 1920s doorway with a woman on one end?
Got a recommendation today to bring in my suit/sport jackets when shopping for ties. Will I look like a total ass bringing in a big ass garment bag? I'm not savvy enough to pick out bulletproof ties yet, hence the recommendation. Gomer?
Quote: Originally Posted by ebmk3891 but if you are, you could just use a piece of cardboard and get the same effect Cardboard is for poor people and I pretend I'm not poor. Today I folded everything not business wardrobe related and it cleared a lot of space. Tshirts, sweaters, gym gear, casual pants, sweats all folded and stacked elsewhere. Closet is in good shape not but will have trouble accepting more garments. I'll post a pic...
Quote: Originally Posted by 100 yrs i wash in cold then hang dry, at least until i forget to hang it up. then the proverbial dryer cherry has been popped and i just toss them in from there on out. but i do at least try to unfold the collar before going to the dryer I'm just timid because I've had some mishaps with the washing/drying with my burberry, lacoste, rlpl polos in the past and the fabric losing it's luster. I'll try out the easy...
Quote: Originally Posted by cross22 In addition to the shortcomings that the OP listed, the friend is also very lousy at picking friends. And LOL at people who think their positive recommendation will have any consequences for them should the employment not pan out (except in a few very specific lines of work). I am in politics. The people I know reach every end of the professional universe. Everyone knows everyone.