or Connect

Posts by Rugger

Good insight, thanks for sharing. We're not quite jeans-status yet, mostly slacks and shirts. I'd like to dress down beyond slacks and OCBD but still appropriate. I think you're on with patterns, odd jackets, ties etc. More tweed/twill I guess. Anyone else?
Upon entering a new work environment, I found myself, and more particularly my wardrobe, not representing the type of employee I had become. The old career field was suits, ties....sprezz was shoes and pocket squares. My new field is less glamorous, more knowledge/teaching driven. It doesn't feel right being dressed like a banker when working as an industry subject matter experts who's entire job is to know everything and be able to teach said everything to consumers of...
Unable to begin school for an MBA until fall of 2014...curious if anyone has any reading recommendations for me..don't necessarily have to be academic in nature but would like to begin educating myself to some extent. I do not have a business background/undergraduate, and while I am not completely clueless, my depth of knowledge is pretty shallow. Thoughts?
Since this thread has more replies than the others.... What does the membership think about taking a prep course vice studying at home? Or perhaps taking the course to get spun up and then studying at home? I'm not in a time crunch in terms of applying...just want to start to lay out some groundwork on preparation. Any recommendations?
What are some of your favorite websites for modern decor and furnishings? I'm poor so the cheaper the better. And no, not ikea.
Moved in a new office that has nothing in it but a shitty old Dell computer. Already got a nice keyboard and mouspad, working on finding a mouse I like. Next is a nice ergonomic chair, but I think that might take me a while to find. What are some things that you couldn't live without on your desk or in your office? Anything from a type of pen, notebook, organizing bins to art work or headphones. Anyone have any recommendations? (On chairs, too)
Great post, thank you. Do you ever use a travel garment bag from someone like Tumi? I have found some that say they can fit 2-3 suits, just not sure if I could fit 4-6 shirts within that. I'm not opposed to two bags, but would prefer one.
I've finally gotten around to getting a proper TV, next step is proper surround sound. I would like to use it both with the TV but as well as music. Hoping to stay under $500 and the lower the better, but I do want quality and something that will last me a long time. Any experience or recommendations?
Looks like I'm going to have to be travelling a lot in the next year for work. I don't currently have any great luggage, I mostly use the sea bags I was given in the military. In your experience, what is the best piece of luggage for say 1-2 weeks of business attire? I'm looking for specific options, not just referencing a style. Thoughts?
I've scoured their catalog. Maybe next time you're there you can ask for a model number or name? I'd greatly appreciate that.