or Connect

Posts by RangerP

Hey Shirtmaven, You seem to know your NYC tailors/companies very very well base on this thread and others you've commented on. Would you mind giving your opinion on Michael Andrews Bespoke? I'm not even in the market for a MTM suit in NYC, I'm just curious... and I know they are MTM and not bespoke. Thanks! And sorry to the OP for hijacking this thread, although it is related to the matter at hand.
Quote: Originally Posted by mike868y your post makes no sense. You want "quality" but don't want to spend money because the low quality boat shoes you normally buy get destroyed. People on this forum...sometimes...my god... I never said I wanted quality. I want my money's worth. I asked about the quality. Maybe learn to read before posting.
Quote: Originally Posted by potemkin_city_limits I think your very wrong with this statement. There are tons of ways to go wrong with this look. There are ways to pull it off like having a pair of pants that arent super baggy and wearing a blazer that actually fits properly. Unfortunately 90% of the people who wear grey pants with a blue blazer dont have a clue and they ruin it for everyone else. Its the same thing with Polo shirts and khaki colored...
Quote: Originally Posted by dragon8 Every serious bidder does it. Quote: Originally Posted by kungapa No point in not sniping. That's what I was saying
Solution: Just Snipe
This is because that girl you liked told you she didn't like your outfit in the bar a few months back isn't it? http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=204289 (I'm just kidding btw) I think it's a classic look... can't really go wrong IMO. It might be boring though...
I'm looking to purchase a new pair of boat shoes but I've already had Sperry's and Sebago's with mixed results. I don't want to get anything too pricey because I destroy these shoes in the summer. What are your opinions on something like the Maine Standard Moc as a substitute: http://www.llbean.com/llbeansignatur...tn&cat4=505905 Quality? Worth the money?
Quote: Originally Posted by cptjeff Looks like only black and brown, but brown would probably suit your purposes well. And to the other guy, the gilman is a weejun. Weejun is a broad collection of shoes, not one specific model. The Logan (flat strap) and the Larson (beefroll) are the 'standard' model, with corrected grain (which the AE uses too, for some unknown reason), no lining, and blake/rapid construction. Thanks for the info on the...
Quote: Originally Posted by Another New Yorker The Bass Gilman is a far nicer shoe than the weejun Is it available in burgundy? It seems like there is only black and brown on the site....
Are people just picking the AE because there is so much love for AEs on this forum? Remember, I'm using these as beaters....