or Connect

Posts by kejan

I find MA+ to be comfortable right away, and even after years of use they hold up well. Depending on the leather used, Augusta/A1923's can be far more difficult to break in. I have a pair of derbies made of horse that are still slightly uncomfortable after more than a year of owning them. Guidi's are usually fine right out of the box, as long as you get the right size.
The Augusta derbies are grey/green/blue, a nice change from black. The sole is quite thick, and the toe is slightly raised, but it falls after a couple times wearing them. As far as pricing at Serpentine, every pair is either the same price as HLorenzo or less, by 100-200$.
Serpentine has an incredible selection of Augusta right now: the boots mentioned above, the double zips, officer ankle boot (amazing), and the best derby I have seen from him (its a green/blue/grey, thick sole, rounded toe, horse leather). Unfortunately, they have no photos online, but I think if you email them they will send you pics. Also, I think their prices are a little better than HLorenzo.
MA+ run true to size in basically every shoe/boot. The clothing, on the other hand, is not as consistent.
Platypus is correct in saying that each company is playing with the same raw materials, yet they all have a somewhat distinct aesthetic. MA+ certainly have the 'cleanest' appearance, but they wear in beautifully over time, and are suitable for many purposes. Guidi's ,Augusta and CCP have a completely different vibe. For me, MA+ are close to perfect, as the sizing is always consistent, which isn't something I can say for the other high end brands.
No, what I meant was that the large moto is sized like a small, or slim medium, especially in comparison to past sweatshirts . I have no idea who would fit into a small. The proportions seem to be off, and I wonder if it is the same with all of the sweatshirts. i have been buying W+H since it was called Spruce, so I have a good frame of reference for the brand.
Important information for anybody buying the moto sweatshirts: the sizing is way off. I am 46/48 in every brand, but I had to try a large, and I still wasn't a fan of it.
Between Nomad and J + O, Toronto actually has a pretty good representation of EG, especially with outerwear.
The Vest this season is incredible. A massive upgrade over last winter.