or Connect

Posts by DoTheGrownup

Quote: Originally Posted by Nataku Wow - that's actually quite a coincidence, as there is only one men's clothier in Wayzata! Was it made for someone who lives in Wayzata or was it a store in Wayzata? It's not a very large city either, it's just a suburb of Minneapolis. Was it from Judd Frost, per chance? They usually use a green label. http://juddfrost.com/ Isn't The Foursome also in Wayzata?
I've had a Coach briefcase for about 3 years and have been really happy with it. Paid about $225, so I don't think it was a bad deal. I have done nothing except carry it everywhere and the leather seems to be holding up fine, even developing a nice worn in look. That said, some type of moisturizing treatment would probably be a good idea every few years.
Quote: Originally Posted by Jay Gatsby I reckon my confusion is this: watching movies with guys dressed up decently, they are either wearing just a sportcoat to keep warm, or a long, thick coat in the shape of a trenchcoat. So I am wondering what I need to buy for the in-between days; what do I put on when it's too warm for a thick, long coat, but too cold to just wear my sportcoat? Sweater under sportcoat? Works for me.
Quote: Originally Posted by Bull p.s. He is the whitest black man in history. Whiter - arguably - than William Buckley. Is that statement racist(?) Methinks not. But discuss. According to Dave Chappelle, Wayne Brady makes Bryant Gumbel look like Malcolm X. So then.
Quote: Originally Posted by L.R. Rag and Bone Easily my favourite is a pair of RB6. I used to like KMW, but the last pair I had was trashed in about a month. Very disappointing. +1 on RB6, but I don't think you can get them anywhere anymore. I keep patching the crotch on mine, since even though I have several other pairs, I always want to wear the RB6. Back to the sewing machine...
I like his briefcase, but what the hell is he carrying in his other hand? Did he hit up Trader Joes on the way into court? Is he going to jump on the Jitney for a weekend on the beach?
You obviously did not buy this suit, but I think the triple pleats on the pants look pretty dated. I would avoid. I picked up a mid-90s Samuelsohn suit once because Iliked the cloth, but the pants looked absolutely ridiculous once I tried them on with triple pleats and an absurdly high rise.
I don't know about the 5 but people seem to say good things about it. I have a Spirit and I love it (a bit more than $100 though). What I really wanted to say is that there are a ton of Seiko 5 watches on Overstock for <$100 and you don't have to deal w/ eBay shadiness. http://www.overstock.com/search?keyw...axonomy=dep292
All I can think of when I see that suit is this: I tried on a BB Fitzgerald Suit recently and it has a modern fit without being quite so short. And yes, it can be very hot in Minnesota in August. While it might be 65F, it could just as easily be 95F.
I think it's interesting that on the NM website the only suits I see are Gucci, Versace, D&G and other designer names, but when I walk through the NM here, I mostly see Zegna, Brioni, Kiton, Cuccinelli and other higher end makers. I guess that people who are going to spring for that kind of qualtiy aren't realyl likely to buy suits on the NM website. It seems that putting that $1K towards a nice Zegna suit at a B&M NM store would be a pretty good buy, although it certainly...