or Connect

Posts by DoTheGrownup

Went to a store last night and after about 20 minutes was going to leave empty handed, when I decided to check through the "Just In" section. Right in front was a recent BB Golden Fleece suit in light grey Loro Piana 120s. For $12.99. I grabbed it without even trying it on; since it's tagged a 39R and I'm a 42R, I figured I would just put it up on here. When I got home it measures out closer to a 41R, and I think I can have the jacket and pants let out to make it work as...
Quote: Originally Posted by fungz0r So the basics for business casual would be a slim fit shirt, khakis/dress pants, and a pair of dress shoes right? I've never really bought a nice fitted shirt, what kind of measurements should I be looking for on myself before I go try them on. There is a local Brooks Brothers, but other than that I'm not too sure of other places to look Sounds good to me. Just don't wear a tie with no jacket, and add a...
Quote: Originally Posted by Tony13 I have 3 escorial sport coats and 1 escorial dress pants? I tell ya, those dress pants? are my favorite, "0" wrinkles, and son, i had them 18 years ago, you think Zegna, or any other brand had come up with the fines of making dress pants that dont go wrinkled without being polyester or any other cheap fabric mix now you find for 20 bucks on any apparel store? 18 years ago? son, wrinkled free began like 6 years ago?,...
For $100 new I think its a good bet and better than the Lauren or Alfani options. I am wearing a Michael Kors suit today in a grey pinstripe cashmere/wool blend, and I like its fit, although I did have it tailored a bit. FWIW, the one I have is made in Canada.
Quote: Originally Posted by Sanchez14 Anyone know when Off Fifth or Last Call do their best sales of the year or should I just keep watching as I have been doing? Can't speak to Last Call, but Off Fifth always has either a sale going on or an email coupon for 30% or 40% off one item. The current 40% off suits is (I think) as good as it gets if suits are what you need and they have one you like. You can sometimes get another 5-15% off by...
Quote: Originally Posted by UrbanAesthetics Burgundy is such an underrated color! You shouldn't be over-thinking it Bro. It's' completely masculine. I've found that my burgundy Bass Weejuns literally are pleasing to almost every outfit I can think of. From business attire to extremely casual settings. You can't go wrong... http://urbanaesthetics.tumblr.com/ If you are going to pimp your blog on here, please at least turn the music off. Web...
Quote: Originally Posted by Sanchez14 4. Keep an eye on Off Saks and last Call for when they put their stuff at 40% off. Off Saks is 40% off this week. When on sale, this puts a lot of their stuff in my range. I think this is a good option, as long as they have something basic. The Off 5th here often has Isaia and HF suits that would probably come into your price range with the 40% off.
Quote: Originally Posted by frenchy Holy crap that is sweet.
Quote: Originally Posted by coolshoes Number 3 is the one to buy. It is BB's true classic dress shirt. The others are imports and the cloth and quality of construction are inferior, IMHO. I would just throw out there that I recently ordered several BB ESF shirts in different fabrics. While the Supima ones are assembled in the USA, the cloth is imported, so there shouldn't be any real difference in the quality of the cloth. To add to that, I...
Quote: Originally Posted by youngnstupid :'( how sad - how much do u reckon i could sell them on ebay for? You might get $15 for the two of them, I think some people collect old Zegna ties.