or Connect

Posts by Cambric

A good photograph, almost like a painting.
The gauntlet button is a very important engineering invention for the full sleeve shirt for the following reasons: When buttoned, it keeps the tapered forearm in shape along with the cuff, in a slim fit. Had it not been there, the palms would not have gone through in the first place comfortably. In a loose fitting, or relaxed fit shirt, the gauntlet button prevents the vent from ballooning and gathering behind the cuff, both barrel and French. The need for a gauntlet...
The gauntlet button is a very important engineering invention for the full sleeve shirt for the following reasons: When buttoned, it keeps the tapered forearm in shape along with the cuff, in a slim fit. Had it not been there, the palms would not have gone through in the first place comfortably. In a loose fitting, or relaxed fit shirt, the gauntlet button prevents the vent from ballooning and gathering behind the cuff, both barrel and French. The need for a gauntlet...
A very elegant dial. Cambric
One need not look at pleats and darts as opposite to each other. I recently got a Tommy Hilfiger shirt which has both pleats at the shoulder and darts below, with the over all design of a slim fit. No matter what the fabric is, it is the fitting that matters. Cambric
A great theme for avoiding the temptation to buy and to maintain what exists. We often do not wear what we have as it is lost in the wardrobe. More creative maintenance could also mean changing buttons (ordinary to mother of pearl etc), or even stitching the button in a new way. Perhaps women are good at circulating the wardrobe. Thanks for the idea. Lastly, re-engineering clothes to enhance life need not be ruled out. Thanks.
This is a superlative thread, one of the best in Style Forum. Once in a while however, shirts could be displayed as in Yoox. Thanks. Cambric.
Its great indeed to be a part of this family. The threads are all-encompassing, and indeed formidable. While writing in another forum, I had the need to know bespoke tailoring establishments in Tokyo, and I found this forum, with dozens of exquisite links. Thanking You All Cambric