or Connect

Posts by tchoy

I am sure about this weekend Karl said he is still polishing it. Are you picking up or ordering?Thanks Roger! I will definitely post photos when I get them.No too sure the colour number but it's burgundy but I ask for darker antique finish.You'll know that feeling well.
Almost ready, the anticipation is killing me. Image from Karl Sussman
Thanks! It 's a very versatile tie that I wear a lot. My photo came up a bit darker than it is.It's this one here.http://www.samhober.com/macclesfield-print-silk-ties/macclesfield-silk-tie-134.html
Thanks David for enlightening us once again with your expertise on this forum.
Hopefully we can access to their products more easily now.
David, thank you for taking your time to answer my post.As a general rule I do like my ties on a lighter side with less bulk and I do request the lightest lining when I order ties from you.Here a image of what I am talking about. It's one of my favourite tie from you. The lining is easily access because the tie is untipped I can easily seen two layers of interlining.
The burnishing turn out great! I don't think I have seen Stc uses burnishing too much in the past will definitely keep it in mind for my next pair.
I wouldn't recommend using a expensive cloth trying out new tailors. Once you have your pattern down then you can try more expensive cloth.Some entry level cloth such as VBC are very good value. I have a suit WW Chan made me fro VBC Super110 still going strong after many years of wearing.
Beautiful shoes Roger! Did you request on the burnishing?
DavidI've noticed the ties that I've from you have two layers of lining of different weight it's this the norm? Could you just use a single layer for a lighter weight tie?