or Connect

Posts by theundeadkennedy

It's been recommended that I go a half size down from the 9E I wear in the Skye to 8.5E in the Tetbury. Has anyone else sized down 1/2 from other C&J last when stepping into the 348 last?
Thank you for your advice. Robert Old's pricing wasn't that stand out, but free shipping would have put 30 pounds back in my pocket and I was excited that they seemed to have the booots in stock. But I do prefer to work directly with the manufacturing company when possible. Thanks again.I did think of purchasing through them when their site showed the Tetburys in stock last week, but after doing a bit of reading about them on the forum it seems some people have been...
I'm wanting to pull the trigger on a pair of Tetburys. I was trying to buy them from Robert Old 1909, but I had to run to a meeting before I was able to complete checking out and my session timed out while I was out, when I went to go through the ordering process again, they were out of stock in my size. I was hoping to have these stateside before New Years, that may not be an option though. Does anybody know a stockist that has the Tetburys in? Or does anyone have a...
These are dope!
I missed your response, Carminas I'll check them out. Thanks
They look like Crockett and Jones to me
Thanks for that extra info man! I'm still nowhere closer to choosing between the Islay and the Purdey, but I definitely have more to think about. I'm waiting to hear back from Yukiko at the Burlington Arcade store, but it's been a few days and may try reaching her again. Thanks again
Thanks Brummie! I hope you don't mind, but I have a couple of questions for clarification. Is the toe box on the 335 actually more bulbous or does it just seem that way because the back half is slimmer. Is the heel of the Coniston comparable to the heel of the Islay or is the Islay more bulbous throughout? Thanks again, you've been a huge help since I first started looking at C&J last year.
That cutoff would limit my leather jacket wearing period to 3 months where I live.
Thank you for the info. Yeah, the only basis I have for comparison is the Skye, which is about an inch long, but fits perfect around my foot where it sits so I don't notice they're long. I imagine if I sized down they would pinch my pinkie toe. If the 365 is more bulbous I think sizing down would work out just fine, but still wonder about the heel, may have to just invest in wool socks. There are the boots that Brummie posted a few pages back offered by Purdey, made by...