or Connect

Posts by Kark

Quote: Originally Posted by zatarregaza Anyone recommend a solid, moderately priced road clincher tire (700x23) for mostly training and some racing? I'm leaning towards either the Hutchinson Atom Comp, Vredestein Fortezza SE, or the Michelin Kromion. All are priced around $25-30 per tire on different sites. For budget tires I'd recommend Kenda. Probably C2C or Konstrictor. Allegedly durable with decent grip. Can't remember anyone commenting...
Quote: Originally Posted by samssf You know, the sad thing is that ten years ago when I was 19, I was probably gullible and impressionable enough to entertain the same ideas and beliefs as the OP. My dad also believes all this pseudoscience bullshit, and it's sad really. I haven't yet figured out exactly what quality allows a person to be able to distinguish between high-quality, truthful, academic information vs sensational, you-want-to-believe-it,...
Quote: Originally Posted by 1969 If you're using a few cups of the above with added juice to make a smoothie then that muffin is not your first carb of the day. In fact there are more carbs in that smoothie than I probably eat total most days. My Smoothie- handfuls of mixed greens, kale, whey protein with stevia and ice. Boom, salad eaten for the day plus 50G protein. yes, I do know that. I just don't think of fruit as carbs in a...
I make a big tupperware container (the kind oft used for cereals, i think it's 4litre) of mixed fruit salad every 6-7 days so it takes no time in the morning to make a smoothy. Typical contents include; a pineapple, diced bag of green grapes, 1/2 pint of fresh berries, usually blackberrys or blueberries. but whatever is cheaper. pint of strawberries when in season (not just local season, so available probably half the year) a mango or two if they're on...
Quote: Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger About a week. I tried today for the first time in years, just put too much vinegar today, 2 tablespoons, a touch of honey and 1/2 clove garlic. As far as it being bullshit, each of the three have been used for thousands of years as their own individual remedy. Honey is a natural anti-biotic, garlic a natural decongestant (as is ginger). Not sure about the ACV. I looked into apple cider vinegar...
Quote: Originally Posted by coldforge You know, one thing making this all kind of creepy is that you're all calling it Hitler Jugend. And not, you know, Hitler Youth. One of those two sounds a lot more like the speaker might not believe the holocaust happened, you know? no, actually. Merely using the german word for 'youth' doesn't in any way that I can imagine imply the denial of the systematic persecution/murder of jews (and others...
I tried it for issues in my upper back/neck. I had a bit of a recurring "kink" that would cause the surrounding muscles to bind up and cause other issues. (stiffness, headache, dull pain etc) I can't say it was really effective for me. I went in seeking a targeted therapeutic massage and was sold the idea of ART as the best solution. At the time I'd heard some success stories from friends who had had it done with some positive outcomes so figured why not. Anyway, it...
Quote: Originally Posted by LawrenceMD the funny/sad thing is.... 17lbs is considered "obese" by roadbike standards... I wouldn't disagree, but I'll surmise that its obese only by those who obsess about bike weights so the "standard" is set by folks who are fixated on the weight of their bike I know a fair number of committed, enthusiastic and fast cyclists (not pros, but sponsored amateurs on teams) that prefer custom built steel frames...
Quote: Originally Posted by Doctor Taki You're wrong. People living thousands of years ago lived to advanced ages. Ever hear of Adam, Noah etc ? They lived to 900+ years and yes it's real years because as generations passed the lifespans became shorter and shorter until the max age of man was listed as 120 yrs. And it's funny but no one has lived passed that since. Obviously there were different races of men and primates on earth at one time and the...
http://shop.hardgraft.com/macbook-sl...macbook-sleeve Felted wool sleeve.