or Connect

Posts by zbix

@chewbocka @Kahuna75 Are you a runner? It's fairly common to hear about guys having their feet become wider and flatter due to running.
Beautiful chukkas in shell cordovan. Semi-squared Simpson last. Dainite rubber sole. Calf lining. Worn 3 times. The simpson last has a beautiful shape, but it just doesn't work for me. Box and bags included. Let me know if you have any questions. Shipping to CONUS included, PM me for international
Another subtle distinction is the rear seam is covered. Alden's standard wingtip boot has the exposed vertical seam running the length of the back.
Looks like 7. I don't think I had ever noticed that before. I guess it's just not as tall as Alden's standard offerings?
The shipping kills it for me
Jumpers are on the trubalance and have a perf. They're the closest to the J Crew makeup. TSM is on grant, no perf, double leather. DC has the same boots on grant w/ commando. That picture above is a seconds of the PCT boot for J Crew which is on the Barrie. Edit: And jumpers and J crew have 270 welt. Grant lasted captoes have 360
Did you pull TSM pic from a seconds list? Because if so, I think they're one and the same. If not, I didn't know TSM offered a PCT boot.
Here's a pair that I got back in 2009. I don't wear them as much now as I did then, but it gives a decent idea of snuff suede with some wear. I think I nano'd them once or twice in the first year. Since then I've worn them more casually. The nap of the suede on the toes is pretty worn-- to the point that brushing doesn't really bring it back. It also shows spots, but hey, they're boots.
RTP - I have all three, and I never wear them w/ anything other than a suit. To the point that I'm now probably going to get rid of 1 or 2 of them. That being said, I think the captoe bal would be the most formal and least versatile for wear w/o a suit.
Alden definitely had a full leather heel at some point. I'm not sure when they transitioned to the dovetail combo though. Here's an ebay auction from a NOS bb cordo loafer with the heel. I've also seen one with a v-cleat.