or Connect

Posts by althanis

[[SPOILER]] Useless contribution ^^.I haven't bought any Luxire shirts as yet, but the time is getting very near; I can't wait.
I've had my 1Ks for a year, with moderate wearing during that time; is it too late to put a half sole on them?
Nice stuff! I'm really, really enjoying the lambswool flannels that I bought - purple and mid grey. Definitely my favourite trousers.
It cost you $20 to drive a couple studs through the handgrip and into the handle?
Don't you have anything better to do? Seriously? Let the guy wear what's appropriate for him, jeez. Or just make some comments that are more useful, not your lame attempts at being witty.Anyway, maverick, usually flannel is reserved for fall and winter, and linen and tropical wool for the summer, as you probably already know. You're in a tough bind as to what to wear since you have to go in to those freezers from time to time, so just do what's best for you. Maybe consider...
What'd you buy!
My brother wears his Strands to work and gets compliments on them all the time. He needs a couple more pairs of casual shoes, so I was thinking the McTavish and McAllisters, unless you guys have any other recommendations. Also, it looks like I just missed Amazon's and the Shoebanks' deals, am I right? I guess maybe Boxing Day might be the best time to get a few? I used to keep track of this thread but there are so many posts; I guess I'll have to resume keeping track of...
I think you got the math correct there - 32 inseam, 2 inches and 2 inches for the cuff, and then you still need a seam allowance. You might have to reduce the cuffs to 1.75 to make it work.
I've worn mine a couple dozen times, and my brother just got his yesterday. Brand new it's almost like cardboard trying to get into them, but they eventually do soften up quite a bit. I'm in Toronto, and I couldn't wear this in the summer at all, and I'll be wearing it in the winter, at least on weekends.I wouldn't say it keeps me warm - so far it's only been as low as -3 or so though. But it certainly doesn't make me feel as cold as I would be had I been wearing a lighter...
Gitman on sale at South Willard.