or Connect

Posts by althanis

Seriously, how do people keep posting in the wrong threads?
I've usually gone with AE for a long time, but with their prices creeping up so much, I was thinking of going with Meermin. Has anyone else made the switch and can help with sizing? I wear an 8D on the 65 last, but it's a little narrow and tight, if I had to pick a complaint. Any advice for what last and size I should go for with Meermin?
Oh, and on the label of a MIA shirt I saw it said Made in Ashland, which is where Gitman is located.
My thought was that it was Southwick, as I've seen fabrics at Club Monaco that I've seen at Epaulet's site for their MTO blazers. On one of the labels of a MIA blazer, the item code also began with SW, which made me think my suspicions were right. Or there could just be multiple US factories/companies that make them too. With Epaulet blazers coming in at $800 pretty soon, definitely looking to CM more.
The lady doth protest too much...Just stop talking.
That sucks. Last weekend I went in and saw they had some S and XS OCBDs from the MIA line, which I think is made my Southwick. I got 2 for $100 all in, which I was very happy about. A yellow/white stripe and a madras green. I think I'd say that CM is my favourite store. Just waiting for the AE models to go on sale before all the sizes sell out, and hopefully pick a pair up.
How does that Rutledge compare to the PA?And is there any last that is known to have a bit more room in the toe box?
Looking forward to seeing the crewneck sweaters from Northern Watters. I didn't preorder, but depending on how they look I might for the next round.
Any jackets shipped after the break for holidays that was mentioned in the spreadsheet?
For sale is a brand new (just tried on) Alden Tan Calfskin Shortwing in 8.5D on the Aberdeen last, which is a bit more tapered than Alden's usual shapes. For reference, I wear an 8D on the 65 last for Allen Edmonds. I bought it quite a few months ago, and haven't gotten around to wearing it, so I'm selling it. It is made in French calfskin, and has a double-leather sole, so can work in a smart business casual office or with jeans and sneakers. It comes with the box,...