or Connect

Posts by althanis

I'll never get those 45 seconds back.
Your pit to pit is wrong.
Looks like he's trying to buy and resell? Or just a generous gifter.Regardless, a year ago nobody thought this is what would happen, so it's not like it was a dumb idea.
For what it's worth, in Toronto I've gotten the sleeves slimmed on a Golden Bear jacket I bought. It was pretty cheap I thought (~$60) and had a 3-week wait time. I'm not affiliated with them in any way, but it was at Magic Tailor, and I've been going there for quite a while now. Apparently for leather stuff the owner does it, not one of the other staff they have.
I can't ever imagine a leather sportcoat doing well. You're already having a hard time moving some more traditional styles, so I wouldn't risk it. About the ties, I agree that there isn't much of a differentiator for them: plain silk ties are easy to find and at that price point I usually find myself looking elsewhere. Looking forward to the new seasonal ties though, they already sound interesting. I think it's the same for the hoodies - I recently needed one and I ended...
That's exactly how I find it.
I'd like to get some sizing advice. I have the Strands, Fifth Avenue and Park Avenue all in 8D, but if I do a lot of walking, my feet tend to hurt quite a bit. They're pretty snug, and on my left foot especially I have a bunion on my big toe. What should I change about sizing? 8E, 8.5D or 8.5E? Assuming I stay with the same last. Or recommendations for a last that might give me some space around the toe area but a normal heel?
I can't really complain about B&S either myself. I've been able to pass of both new and used items without too much hassle. In fact, the presence of B&S encourages me to take certain measured risks as I know there's a great chance I'll be able to pass it off. That also depends on the brand and nature of them item also.
Thank you for including my post? Very flattering!
You've been on SF for 7 years and still get surprised by people obsessing over half an inch? Have you spent all your time in the fragrance and travel threads or something?