or Connect

Posts by Poincare

I have quite a bold grey Prince of Wales check suit. I don't wear it very often because I've yet to find a shirt and tie combination that goes well. White shirts seem to be too washed out for starters. In principle a light solid blue shirt with a darker solid blue tie seems to present itself as a good combination. Does anyone have any other opinions?
Thank-you, I will definitely investigate.
haha. I'd rather have the £18k + the replica than the calatrava tbh.I suppose it could have been a gift. He wasn't really into collecting watches as such. The dayona and the calatrava were gifts.
I will investigate. He left me a few other watches as well. One was a white gold Daytona which I had overhauled and then sold to watch shop on Burlington Arcade. Another was a rose gold calatrava that was a lot heavier than this one which I sold as well.Neither of them were really my thing, much too flashy. My grandfather never wore a watch so I really had no qualms about selling the lot of them.I don't know anything about patek philippe but I had my suspicions about this...
Hello, I'm interested to know more about different shoe lasts. I've seen shoes referred to "on the 360 last" for example, and can only guess that this pertains to the shape of the shoe. Is there any resource which has a list of all the different lasts? Or are lasts not standardised between manufacturers? My feet are quite narrow and I need to get some new brogues. I'm thinking Crockett & Jones and will pop in tomorrow and try some on but i'd like to know what I'm...
My grandfather left me the Patek Philippe. Its not particularly old though. The other is a pretty standard Breitling navi. I bought it while doing my PPL.
Those Loake Strand are definitely my favourite out of those. I think burgundy would be more versatile than the other colours pictured. As you mention you'll be pairing them with navy khakis - well, a brighter brown or tan will probably look too conspicuous. You could wear the burgundy ones everyday and people won't notice.
The watch on the left is a Poljot which I wear on a daily basis.
Hello all, I'm looking for a backless black tie waistcoat. You used to be able to get these everywhere but I can't find any RTW ones anywhere. This one: Is RLPL and the only RTW one I've seen. Does anywhere know where else might have them? Alternatively, evening wear waistcoats in general (fully lined, non-backless)? Full dress white marcella waistcoats seem to be in abundance but the only places selling black evening waistcoats seem to be Ede & Ravenscroft and Oliver...
Thom Browne aran wool hat: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Thom-Browne-hat-100-aran-wool-160-RRP-/251018495070?pt=Men_s_Accessories_UK&hash=item3a71de445e#ht_500wt_1083 Thom Browne aran wool scarf: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Thom-Browne-scarf-100-aran-wool-RRP-225-/251018492360?pt=Men_s_Accessories_UK&hash=item3a71de39c8#ht_500wt_1083 Alexander McQueen...