or Connect

Posts by dasai

Well, I don't need to worry about being too large. I was a 37S the last time I measured, but my workplace recently changed and I've been cycling every day, which has knocked at least 3 kilos off my weight and left me scrawnier than usual. Should probably eat more and hit the gym to balance things out a bit.I've thought about the flannel, but I'm not sure I want to limit myself, since something heavy is only going to be good for midwinter in Osaka. (The tweed jacket gets a...
Saw this thread and thought I'd chime in with a question. (Haven't posted in years; been busy elsewhere, child-rearing and slowly building out my wardrobe.) I'm thinking of going double-breasted for my next suit. I'm in education, so I rely more on sport jackets in general (a wool and a linen blazer, a tweed jacket, a camelhair jacket, and a couple others), and I reserve suits for meetings, ceremonies and seminars. My current stock of (non-funeral) suits consists of the...
Just got the tie today. That was fast! I think the length will be all right. The front and back blades are nearly the same length, but it's no problem. On a lark, I tied it in a Pratt knot just to see what would happen. It's definitely bigger than a Windsor with a regular tie, though maybe not quite comically large. At any rate, I don't think I'll need to resort to it. Will post pics if my daughter will cooperate and go to sleep, though not looking especially likely...
Just received notice that my order has shipped (Dark Navy Garza Grossa, lined 4-fold). I'm hoping I got the length right — I take a short jacket length and tend to wear trousers near my natural waist, so I ordered it in 54", but am slightly leery of the fact that I won't be able to do a more complicated knot to compensate if it's too long. Thinking of doing a Garza Fina (or Piccola, if the Fina isn't available) in black for my next tie. Can anyone comment on its thickness...
The Japanese site has actual garment measurements. Cambridge fit looks to be the same as Fitzgerald in the shoulders and sleeves, but half an inch shorter in overall length. So, yes, it's shorter, but not stupidly short like the Black Fleece stuff.Granted, even Fitzgerald fit is about half an inch shorter than my ideal jacket length, but if it works for you...
A question for Sleven: Are jackets in 37S available through the inventory system in the US? The size is fairly common at the company's stores here in Japan, but I don't think I've ever seen it on their website.
How wide are your belts? Men's dress belts are typically no more than one-and-a-quarter inches or so; belts wider than that are more casual.
NOBD, those blue shoes are awesome. Where did you find them?
These pictures make the shoes look so much better than the images on the AE website. Too bad the shoes are too small.
These are awesome. I've made an offer.... By the way, do these come with shoe bags, or are they as-is?