or Connect

Posts by lost in va

Quote: Originally Posted by edinatlanta Would you be willing to part with your Sink the Bismark? With your email address I could get you in touch with a friend that has an extra bottle.
My fav. when it comes to beers I can afford to drink every day: Not as "daily" but usually weekly.. and excuse me while I show off my little brewdog collection....
Tonight will start off like this... who knows how it's going to end up: Pours likes a lighter stout. A shade or two short of being black with a rather thick head into my 34oz mug that held for quite a while. On the tongue it's rather carbonated but lighter then a stout. First taste is vanilla, coffee, light bits of chocolate, and quite a bit of malt. Finish is lighter then I expected with the look and first impression on taste. It almost tastes like a weaker stout...
Quote: Originally Posted by Cool The Kid Damn those middle ones look awesome man. Are those 501 STFs? That's pretty incredible wear for 2 months. *EDIT* Ah the middle ones had 2 years of wear. Makes sense with the Liquid Nail. Still, pretty good stuff. How many times did you wash em? I imagine pretty often. Based off the last time I posted I'd say they're at 3 hot soaks and maybe 3 washes.. they've probably got a solid 220+ days of wear on...
Was finally able to shrink down this picture (it's probably 2 months old) L to R: 501 - S5000VX - SFx5EP 501 - 2 months of work wear, one initial hot soak S5000VX (retired) - 2 years of work wear, and that's liquid nail on the left leg...it'll never come out SFx5EP - off and on since they were released. I beat the HELL out of these jeans and they don't show it one bit.
R to L: Ommegang BPA (picked up another as I think I want to enjoy one solo and the other will be brought to this weeks gathering at my gf's parents) The Bruery Mischief (same story as above) Rouge Double Mocha Porter (was told very very good things from kevin) Stone Cali-Belgique (so many on here raved about it...figured I'd give it a shot) Brewdog Bashah (I've become a HUGE fan of almost everything they put out..had to give it a shot) BrewDog Paradox...
It was a really long day at work so this is how I decided to wind down.
Started my vacation today and while I have a bit of work to get done during the next 5 days I knew I had to kick it off right. Talked with the owner of my local specialty store (wine, cheese, beer) for over and hour, managed to get a few very limited beers, managed to snag myself a spot at a tasting that will include the worlds 3rd strongest beer (TNP) and the newest strongest beer in the world (sink the bismark). Some of the beers are for other people (3 for a lady friend...
Haven't had anything decent in quite a while. Decided that with this nice day I was going to crack open the "cellar" and pull something out. The only thing I could justify (too many limited editions and hard to find beers) was this: 2008 Vintage Schlafly Reserve Opened it and it was an amazing smell that consisted of vanilla, oak, and roasted malt. It poured very dark with less then a finger of tannish colored head. The first taste surprised me as it was a very...