or Connect

Posts by nutcracker

Fascinating! Thank you
CLEMATIS: A Revisit Also dropped by Clematis Ginza for a dinner with friend Keitaro Takano. Among the best home-bred shoemakers in Japan, always amazed by his stitch work (he does 99% of all work by himself). Always fun to look through the sample shoes! Exotics are Clematis`s specialty. Hippo is by far the most popular Hide of some strange creature. Anyone know what this is? I think its related to armadillo? not sure Crazy stitching. Also notice the minuscule...
MISAWA & WORKSHOP: A Revisit Shoemaker and `Shoe Artist` Misawa Noriyuki impressed me thoroughly during my last visit, with how his bespoke shoes (especially the lovely brogues shoes) showcased his background as a shoemaker / instructor at GUILD, and as an apprentice at Materna, Vienna. His more decorative `art` shoes, which he is possibly better known for in Japan, is what to really reflects his passion in 19th century Victorian and Fin-de-siecle decorative arts. He...
As far as I can see from their website, shipping is to Japan only
I don't think any of the e-book stores allows that. I just use the screen shot function on my mac.
An e-version of THE RAKE JAPAN is actually out. Check out the article on Japanese Shoemakers, featuring some of our favourites (Spigola, Il Quadrifoglio, Marquess, Yohei Fukuda, Yuki Shirahama, Misawa Workshop, Gentile 79, Toru Sato). Lets hope for an English version soon (which is actually happening, so I've heard)
Wow! Can"t wait! Too bad they don"t have an E-version.... looks like they are still recycling articles / covers from previous RAKE (the original) though...
MEN`S EX comes in Japanese only. I`ve been a loyal reader for some years, but I predict THE RAKE Japan to quickly overtake the title as the best Japanese menswear magazine. RAKE Japan`s editor-in-chief Matsuo-san used to be Men`s EX`s editor in chief.RAKE Japan will be posting an article on 10-Best Japanese Shoemakers in the next edition (on sale later this month). I`ve been told the article will also appear on the English counterparts. Can`t wait!
How fascinating! A MEN`S EX booth at PITTI!! Men`s EX FB
~~~ Happy New Year folks! !!! ~~~