or Connect

Posts by nutcracker

While I can`t say much about how fast/slow European makers work, I do know a shoemaker here who spends about 160 80 hours making a pair. Thats pretty much twice as longer as most other makers spend, and its remarkable to see him put his soul into every one of them (I won't name who, but you can all probably guess). Yet obviously he can`t charge double of what others do simply because he spend more time on it, and I do feel some pain thinking that he is not necessarily...
Regal has a peculiar story of how they got to be named after the famous US shoe company. This Japanese shoe manufacturer (originally called Nihon Shoes) has been around for a while (since 1870), making predominantly army boots and also shoes for export, and started making GYW shoes since 1910`s. They partnered with Regal in the 1960`s and started selling licensed Regal branded shoes in Japan. Their American `trad style` shoes became incredibly popular in Japan (along...
Talking about an ornamental sole Il Quadrifoglio by Atsushi Qnai Burgundy Croc Tassel Loafer
Thanks for your insight DW. Japan does have a sizeable RTW shoes industry, some actually make quite lovely shoes. Regal is probably the largest local maker of RTW welted shoes with about 1 mil pairs output / year.I really think it`s regrettable that the pictures are the only medium for most of us to see Japanese shoes, and a lot of the ornate shoes posted on the thread probably reflects my taste more than anything!There`s really a lot of fascinating shoemakers to meet in...
Very nice Meccariello!I assume real Carpincho`s (or quality ones) are very difficult to come by in Japan. I`ve never seen them offered by any maker here.
Nah, its textured (cow) suede. Looks great though, I say 90% like the real thing It`s also available in olive.Other than Qnai-san, I`ve seen Ugolini, Spigola, and Il Micio offer the same leather as well. I assume they are readily available in Italy.
A big belated thanks! to you al!
New Bespoke sample shoes in the works by Il Quadrifoglio: Plaintoe Derby in faux-Carpincho Suede & Seemless Wholecut in D. Brown calf Stay tuned for more pics of the new samples!
Imai Hiroki / Il Quadrifoglio Trunk Shows @ Hankyu MENS Osaka 6/22~6/23 Shoemakers Imai Hiroki and Atsuki Qnai (Il Quadrifoglio) are having a joint trunk show at Osaka right now. They are among the 15 craftsmen or so participating at the Premium Bags & Shoes Order Fair at Hankyu MENS. Show ends tomorrow (Monday)! Price for IQ bespoke starts from ¥237,600. Imai Hiroki MTO starts from ¥59,400. Mr. Imai Hiroki, marking his 10th anniversary this year Hankyu MEN`S link
Boot Black at the Pitti and some new premium shoe creams. Tasty looking Columbus FB