or Connect

Posts by nutcracker

Correct. Very minuscule toe spring on complete shoes. The advantages of having a little toe spring is probably accepted by most shoemakers, but several high end Japanese shoemakers I know make shoes with no toe spring at all.
CLEMATIS by Takano Keitaro 3-Eyelet Chukka Boots Brown Shark Skin I wanted a leather that had a rough, natural texture, so Takano san recommended this brown shark hide. Suits very well with his lovely Chukka design. This pair is made on Clematis`s MTO system, based on Clematis`s house last, but customised to my feet. Handsewn welted. The outsole is machine stitched, but like other Japanese 9/10 handmade shoes I`ve seen around, stitching and detailing visible on the...
JAPAN SHOES EXPO 21015 10/28~11/10 I`ve read things about it before, but this event is happening right now at ISETAN MEN`S Shoes` Floor. The event brings together only Japanese shoemakers and manufacturers . Should be quite interesting for anyone who can make it... Aside from YOHEI FUKUDA and MARQUESS, Nao Yokoo is a English trained newcomer in the bespoke scene. Maybe worth checking out LIST OF EXHIBITORS: bibliotek COLUMBUS DAITA KIMURA Desertic ENTOAN HIROSHI...
]Yup, nice article indeed! Looks like a new online magazine dedicated to shoes!
Some pics of MARQUESS Shoes MARQUESS by Shoji Kawaguchi 3-Eyelet Derby Black Calf More of less inspired by an old faded FOSTER & SON bespoke sample that I had seen and handled. Of course, the MARQUESS version came out to be something very different. My feet shape are quite problematic, namely having a very flat feet. Shoji-san`s lasts accommodated my foot shape very well, while still keeping the elegant lines of the shoes in tact (much better looking than a similar...
Took some pictures of the 2 MASARU OKUYAMA bespoke shoes that have been loaned to us by the shoemaker. The signature swoop down the instep/vamp to the sharp toe defines the Okuyama silhouette MASARU OKUYAMA 2 Eyelet Derby in Brown Llama Skin MASARU OKUYAMA Single-Monk in Brown Calf
I just updated my mode of taking pictures to a NIKON DSLR. Quite an upgrade from my iPhone, especially in large closeups! Some new Bespoke sample creations by IL QUADRIFOGLIO (Atsushi Qnai) delivered to Taipei. Both with rubber soles, which could be done quite tastefully, or outlandishly, and still keeping the signature beveled waist of a bespoke shoe. Side Laced Oxfords with subtle brown Patina Half Rubber (Topied) sole with leather beveled waist The `Qnai-Sole`...
Just a reminder that 10/31 (today) is the Last day for the Anniversary SF sale for our CARMINA FOSTER & SON and RUTHERFORDS selection! Check them out if interested! We still have a good selection of Carmina styles available! Link to the post http://www.styleforum.net/t/460343/oak-room-eg-carmina-gg-foster-rutherfords-official-affiliate-thread/150#post_8156536
OAK ROOM Taipei is having its Anniversary Sale going on until the end of the month. Selected CARMINA shoes are at 30% off right now ($300~$320 USD), size ranges from 6~9.5 Please check out our thread post for details! http://www.styleforum.net/t/460343/oak-room-gentlemen-s-shoe-store-official-affiliate-thread/135#post_8143234
Excellent writeup!! Glad to see all the positive responses!!I`ve tried Hiro-san`s magic sock linings before, they work wonders to tweak a fit!