or Connect

Posts by nutcracker

I hope everyone is checking out the new English website of HIRO YANAGIMACHI Workshop. The contents are comprehensive (including ways to order for visitors), and the photos do a great job showcasing their legendary attention to details. There are also some nice slideshows detailing every step of their typical shoemaking process. Uppermaking Process Bottommaking Process more on the gallery page
Thanks Dogen for the pdf conversion! Great idea! and congrats on your first post
I just noticed that HIRO YANAGIMACHI WORKSHOP has an all-English website! I knew he was working on it (from our last conversation), but the site came out far more impressive than I imagined it would be, and it includes a whole lot of contents in English. Quite possibly the best site (in English) from any Japanese shoemaker so far for showcasing their work and philosophy. A big kudos to Hiro-san for the effort (who is an alumnus of the Cordwainer's College in UK). ...
I use one of those myself (not the patinated kind), love it. The shape (with facetted sides) is supposed to look like the toe of a shoe.
100% agree!Marquess`s (less talked about) Chisel last is actually quite a stunner too. I`ll try to get some pic of a sample when I get to meet him next time.
The Dainite piece is glued on without stitches.
There`s something about captoe oxfords with textured leather that is so appealing.... Marquess Punched Cap Oxford Shoes Carl Freudenberg Impala Marquess Blogspot
@ the posh Mandarin Oriental Hotel in Nihonbashi!Fascinating! I might wanna go say hi
I think they are Japanese horse hide.
Very nice! If I recall correctly, those boots are based on the Imperial Japanese Army boots from the war. The double welted sole is a nice detail!!