or Connect

Posts by nutcracker

The Dainite piece is glued on without stitches.
There`s something about captoe oxfords with textured leather that is so appealing.... Marquess Punched Cap Oxford Shoes Carl Freudenberg Impala Marquess Blogspot
@ the posh Mandarin Oriental Hotel in Nihonbashi!Fascinating! I might wanna go say hi
I think they are Japanese horse hide.
Very nice! If I recall correctly, those boots are based on the Imperial Japanese Army boots from the war. The double welted sole is a nice detail!!
Yes! the dainite sole is cemented on, and it takes the contours (on the bevelled waist) quite nicely IMO. Qnai-san said it was a pain to make it. and yeah, the soles do look thick, maybe the owner requested for a double sole? I recall Dainite (or was it Vibram?) has a `thin` version of the studded sole (for dress shoes).ps these are not my shoes
You don't often see a Dainite sole that looks this slick... Pics taken from the recent Il Quadrifoglio Show in Tokyo
Il Vagabundo is actually located in Nishinomiya, near Kobe.
+1From certain angles (from the blog), the pictures certainly make me forget they are triple soled.I really have to make a pilgrimage to Kobe area one day.....
Nice shoes indeed!Talking about llama, below is an interesting image that I snapped from MEN`S EX Nov. 2011 issue.The shoes are Bollini, and the leather is llama calf, a shrunken baby calf leather made to look like llama. From the pictures, the grains/textures look indistinguishable from the real ones.