or Connect

Posts by nutcracker

Congrats! I hope you had a great time visiting the Kawaguchi`s!I`m also curious how the trial may work out for you, unless you plan to visit Japan again in 6 months or so?
The shoemakers that I`ve asked swear that the better specimens (but certainly not all) of old Freudenberg calfskins (in black and d.brown) have a grain thats finer than the current Weinheimer-made ones. Better ones are also increasingly hard to source. You may want to ask the question in the Leather Qualities thread for a better informed answer
Thanks! more like $820ish. Yeah, these are bespoke samples from 8 yrs ago, but not a bad price considering that the retail for Guild bespokes starts from around ¥440K JPY ($4400 USD)
Nice post! Looks like you had a great time shopping!
Thanks for your kind words! I just happen to have access to the goodies here in Tokyo, thats all!!Keep in mind that most shoe makers in Japan are tiny local businesses (mostly 1 or 2 man shops), so I wouldn`t compare them with what big European maisons with international clientele like JL Paris (Hermes), Berlutti (LVMH), F&S, Cleverly etc... are able to offer (especially when it comes to exotics).That being said, most of the shops I have visited to do have a decent...
Thanks!While I can`t really say if top notch leathers are used for sample shoes, I was told these are made from Dupuy calf.
These are actually my very first pair of a `Dover` type apron front derby. I got these for a bit over ¥80K JPY, quite a bargain from a full priced bespoke (80% off)
Guild of Crafts Bespoke `NORTON` Apron Front Derby Olive Brown Calf My loot from Guild`s Bespoke Samples Sale
Happy New Year folks! Before you can think of a New Year resolution, the Winter Sales are already starting! Here are some of the worthy mentions... Otsuka Shoe Manufacture (Roppongi): 1/1~ Scotch Grain (Ginza): 1/1~ (for extra value Fukubukuro sets) Sanyo Yamacho (Ginza): 1/2~ Ginza Yoshinoya (all locations): 1/2~ Guild of Crafts (Ginza): 1/2~1/3 (Bespoke/semi-bespoke sample sale) World Footwear Gallery (Harajuku, Ginza): 1/2~ Shetland Fox (Hibiya): 1/2~ (B-Grade...
Happy New Year from Tokyo! Akemashite Omedeto Gozaimasu!