or Connect

Posts by nutcracker

Very nice! Thanks for the link!!The article says Suzuki-san will be in NYC soon to take orders! (presumably via The Armoury)
Miyagi Kogyo MTO shoes are sold through selected retailers (MK don`t sell shoes directly), and most if not all of them should be able to accommodate metal toe taps.Metal toe taps would keep your toes from wearing down, probably saves a trip or two to the cobbler before your soles require full recraft.
I was once told by a shoemaker how many hours it took, but I just can`t seem to remember. I will try to ask about that again, will let you know. I assume it varies a lot from one maker to another.
Le Scarpe di Cabiria is the brand name, I had no idea what the name was referring to til now! I hope the maker isn`t implying that his customers are shoe-whores and would all experience heartbreaks from buying his shoes `Seven Sister Shoes` is the name of the model.
Yes, they are vintage stock. Turtle hides (mostly from S.America) were abundant in Japan 20yrs ago or so (before import ban), and old stocks are still available in small amounts through wholesalers.
Le Scarpe di Cabiria (Toshiaki Wada) Diamond Captoed Oxford `Seven Sisters Shoes` A highly unusual pair of bespoke shoes made from a patchwork of exotics. Captoe: 200yrs old Russian Reindeer Vamp & Quarter: Ilcea Calf Lacestay: Crocodile Heel Counter: Elephant Tongue: Sea Turtle Quarter Lining: Kid Suede Sock: Ostritch Le Scarpe di Cabiria FB
I`m afraid to see the rest of his Legolas outfit....
Props from the latest The Hobbit movie? These are actually bespoke shoes by Saion, (faithfully) based on their client`s design & drawings. Outrageous design? Yes, but I commend Saion for doing their best to realise their client` dream. Couldn`t have done better. Client`s own drawings link (from Saion`s blog archive)
I believe the loafers (from the link) are made to order (sizing, leather), and orders are taken at trunk shows only. I doubt he will take MTO orders internationally.Beams and Isetan do carry a selection of RTW Corno Blu shoes.
UK 8 / 27cm was probably not what Thinkderm hoped to hear