or Connect

Posts by nutcracker

Great info! plus 1 on Marunouchi / Ginza area. Sovereign House, Strasburgo, are also great places for classic menswear in Marunouchi. At Ginza, you can also find World Footwear Gallery, Guild of Crafts (for MTO), BEAMS Ginza (equally good as the one in Marunouchi) and Trading Post, aside from the usual suspects of European brand boutiques.
Shoemaker MASARU OKUYAMA from Hong Kong featured on Wallpaper Tudor Style File (including a video interview) Link to Wallpaper Some of the excellent pictures from the lengthy feature:
Kamioka will be exhibiting at the MAGIC MARKET WEEK 2014 @ Las Vegas Convention Center! Aside from seeing Kamioka`s (Turn Right Shoes) OEM offerings (they make shoes for D.C.Lewis / Kent Wang HG etc...), this would be a great opportunity to check out their original Ingenuity / Shinsho RTW shoes in person. I heard they are also bringing the first samples of their premier handsewn welted line. February 18-20th LVCC South Hall Booth...
Will be snowing hard in Tokyo for the next 2 days... will be a bummer for the Il Micio Show Last weekend, Spigola`s Tokyo bespoke show was also hit with a massive snow storm....what is up with that
its actually from a GQ article
Yes, very gorgeous, and very expensive shoes. The last time I checked, Tie Your Tie charges an upward of 577K JPY (5600 USD / 4140 EUR) per pair of Il Micio in Japan.TYT Aoyama Boutique has a shelf full of Il Micio samples to gawk at, btw. Free of charge.
Spigola currently has a wait time of 9 months~. I think that is quite reasonable, considering he probably gets more orders than any other Japanese shoemaker. That is quite an improvement from a 2yr plus wait time that he used to ask for (so I`ve heard).The workshop currently includes himself, his brother Etsuo (a permanent member), and an apprentice (changes every now and then). His father, a talented patterner in his own right, also lends his help (aside from his own...
Congrats! Would love to hear how the order goes!!While the 14000 HKD / 1800 USD for a Spigola MTO seems excessive, 24000 HKD / 3000 USD for a Spigola Bespoke is very reasonable. In fact, that is a whole lot less than what we pay at their Tokyo trunk show at United Arrows (400K JPY / 3900 USD).
Yes, I`ve met Shirahama Bottier last year in Tokyo. Having apprenticed at Spigola and Altan (Paris), he offers a style that I think a lot of connoisseurs may find very pleasing. Like many of the better Japanese makers, Shirahama-san`s attention to detail is tremendous.Here are some of the pics I took from my meeting with him.http://www.styleforum.net/t/343005/japanese-shoes-bespoke-rtw-super-thread/1260#post_6447718on a separate note: Nakamura Tatsuya, Creative Director...
Yamamura-san also apprenticed under a local shoemaker for 7 years before he set up his own atelier / shoe repair shop.The island of Kyushu seems to be blessed with a number of talented shoemakers. Others include Yuki Shirahama, Yutaka Seikaku (Corno Blu) and Matsuda Akinobu (both who apprenticed under Roberto Ugolini). Shoji Kawaguchi (Marquess) also hails from Kyushu (though now in Tokyo)