or Connect

Posts by nutcracker

For himself.... Bespoke by HIRO YANAGIMACHI Workshop Hiro Yanagimachi Workshop FB I will be posting more about the upcoming March exhibition Real Bespoke (co-hosted by Hiro Yanagimachi Workshop (shoes), Hitsujiya (tailor), Fugee (bags) some time later. Til then, please check out their FB page.
I dropped by Tie Your Tie Aoyama today, and met the Artist himself. His shoes were indeed breathtaking. I wasn`t allowed to take pictures, but was graciously given a nice booklet/catalog of Il Micio. I will try to upload the pics some time later Il Micio is available for order until today(!), for a princely sum of 740K JPY (5300 EUR/7260 USD) and above, if I recall correctly.
Guild`s repair shop (`Guild Arms`) charges ¥31K~ JPY (310 USD) for Hand rewetting, and ¥10K~ JPY (100 USD) for hand out stitching. The boots on the video probably goes for ¥41K JPY and up ($410 USD).The boots above were factory made (maker unknown) that were recrafted by hand at Guild (apparently the original manufacturer refused to repair). Guild also offers exclusive service for repairing bespoke shoes (from any...
Thanks letsi!Yes, Tokyu Hands Shinjuku (where I took pictures at) do stock the Cordovan creams by Saphir (the square ones), in 4 colors. I recall they also stock cordovan creams made by Columbus (Japanese). The good thing about TH is that they also allow you to test the products out (on the shoes you`re wearing). If Shinjuku store is not convenient for you, Tokyu Hands in Ginza (above United Arrows) has an equally good selection of shoe care products.Bamboo is right on...
Great info! plus 1 on Marunouchi / Ginza area. Sovereign House, Strasburgo, are also great places for classic menswear in Marunouchi. At Ginza, you can also find World Footwear Gallery, Guild of Crafts (for MTO), BEAMS Ginza (equally good as the one in Marunouchi) and Trading Post, aside from the usual suspects of European brand boutiques.
Shoemaker MASARU OKUYAMA from Hong Kong featured on Wallpaper Tudor Style File (including a video interview) Link to Wallpaper Some of the excellent pictures from the lengthy feature:
Kamioka will be exhibiting at the MAGIC MARKET WEEK 2014 @ Las Vegas Convention Center! Aside from seeing Kamioka`s (Turn Right Shoes) OEM offerings (they make shoes for D.C.Lewis / Kent Wang HG etc...), this would be a great opportunity to check out their original Ingenuity / Shinsho RTW shoes in person. I heard they are also bringing the first samples of their premier handsewn welted line. February 18-20th LVCC South Hall Booth...
Will be snowing hard in Tokyo for the next 2 days... will be a bummer for the Il Micio Show Last weekend, Spigola`s Tokyo bespoke show was also hit with a massive snow storm....what is up with that
its actually from a GQ article