or Connect

Posts by nutcracker

Yet another TYE Shoemaker Bespoke Chukka Boots RUBIS Buffalo Skin Upper TYE Shoemaker Diary
Thanks for your kind words (again!), Ville! but most I really do is to gather interesting pics from the web. I definitely don`t have the full dedication that requires to successfully run / write / moderate a web site, and I am 100% happy now being able to share and talk about this topic on Styeforum. I`m also really glad that the thread gets insights from members like DW or B-S, who chip in real experience and knowledge that I am eager to learn from! (I also had a chance...
Here`s more Clematis with funky stitching. I took these photo during my last visit (I didn`t take the one above). (DW, I`m digging through my photo album looking for some interesting stitching, hope something will catch your eyes )
Sole stitching by Clematis Link to the original post (Clematis`s Boots) I say around 16~18spi? (he doesn`t use a marking wheel so it varies by location) Sole stitching by Main-d`or I recall these are 14 spi. Murata-san uses marking wheel. English trained shoemakers (Marquess, Hiro Yanagimachi etc...) tend to go for typical UK standard (10~12 depending on the type of shoes). Locally trained makers like Takano-san above (Clematis), Yokota san (now defunct Saion),...
Glad to be at your service!As for the #2792 one, I thought it was neat how a row of coarse stitches was sandwiched by rows of fine stitches.
Hmmm... digging for more Clematis (with interesting stitchwork) from my photos
Some interesting stitch work by Takano-san @ Clematis
Talkin` about fine stitches, here are some by Marquess. For this pair, Shoji-san says he wanted to give the bulgy, coarse (tactile) feel to his stitches (like on older English shoes). Quite different from, say Yohei Fukuda, who I think he favours fine, precisional look.
Ohno san said he try to make those look like miniscule gimping. It`s now like a signature TYE detail.The guy who does the upper at TYE (Ohno`s partner) is simply amazing. The funny thing is, Ohno-san`s wife is also a talented artisan in her own right, and she makes the uppers / stiching for Clematis and Ortus (but not TYE).
A delicious pair of olive green oxford by TYE SHOEMAKER TYE Shoemaker Blog