or Connect

Posts by nutcracker

Pictures from our opening and past trunk shows! Grand Opening Sep. 5, 2014, with our special guest Andy Murphy from F&S (conversing with our VIP guest) Opening Press Conference (televised on news!) F&S Trunk Show Andy and Jon from F&S Jon measuring a client G&G Trunk Show Daniel at work! Atsushi Qnai (Il Quadrifoglio) Local celebrity fan of Il Quadrifoglio! Il Quadrifoglio Bespoke
Hello folks, My name is Robin, aka nutcracker, and I am here to humbly introduce OAK ROOM, a men's shoes and accessories store in Taipei, Taiwan, as an official affiliate partner of Styleforum. This is a store project that I have been deeply involved for a while, with a simple wish to offer some of my favorite makers and craftsmen to my fellow countrymen in Taiwan. OAK ROOM opened its doors on September 5, 2014, as Taipei`s first and only store offering a wide selection...
That s splendid!
Haha thanks Chogal (great seeing you there!)Yes its a store I`m involved in Taiwan, we plan to start an affiliate thread in the next few days, so I`ll leave it out non-Japanese shoes related details from this thread.and yes, while we did manage to bring G&G, Foster to do bespoke trunk shows in Taiwan, you all know that I have a very soft spot for Japanese makers. So naturally I have been trying to woo a number of Japanese shoemakers to visit the store. So far, we have...
100% Agreed.Million Dollar Smile
Lovely shoes! Congrats B-S!and here are the pics of your shoes being hand welted! I
The 2nd pair is built upon the lasts of my first pair (semibrogue oxford). Felt just fine (just like my first pair), but the Kawaguchi`s did some minor adjustments here and there to optimise the fit for a derby.The upper leather of the trial shoes are made from fine RTW grade leather, creased beautifully and probably would have taken polish really well... bummer that they had to be sliced up...
MARQUESS: A Revisit For my last day in Japan, I returned to see the famed Kawaguchi duo for a fitting session Samples: Great looking as always Fitting shoes for my Marquess #2, a Black 3-Eyelet Full Brogue Derby ] Will closely resembles a similar pair made by Tuczek. Open sesame Shoji-san also showed me a rare batch of vintage baby calf Patent leather. Covered with a layer of oil, a quick polish reveals a deep, deep gloss ...and a lovely pair of...
Fascinating! Thank you
CLEMATIS: A Revisit Also dropped by Clematis Ginza for a dinner with friend Keitaro Takano. Among the best home-bred shoemakers in Japan, always amazed by his stitch work (he does 99% of all work by himself). Always fun to look through the sample shoes! Exotics are Clematis`s specialty. Hippo is by far the most popular Hide of some strange creature. Anyone know what this is? I think its related to armadillo? not sure Crazy stitching. Also notice the minuscule...