or Connect

Posts by nutcracker

I saw those Spider shoes at the Scotchgrain boutique at the Tokyo Sky Tree`s mall (Soramachi).... crazy looking shoes.btw congrats on your shoe purchase! I know Trading Post carries AE, but definitey not at that price!
An interview with the great HIRO YANAGIMACHI is up on Keikari! Kudos to our friend VRaivio!! Link to the Interview
Dropped by Kutsumigaki Honpo @ Shinbashi to have the talented Shoeshiner Ken work his magic on my green shoes. Cleaning and conditioning.... Green wax polish. Not available off the shelf.... good to go!
I believe that fine picture was taken by our friend Bespoke-Makers (judging from the photo style). Not sure if they are his, but you may want to ask him about the shoes.
Talking about the man..... Shoji Kawaguchi, aka Marquess from the Hankyu Men`s Tokyo Trunk Show Feb 21~22 (ended today) Hankyu Mens`s Blog
Great stuffs, aren`t they?
Il Micio / Hidetaka Fukaya Shoes CatalogMy homemade scans of the Il Micio / Hidetaka Fukaya catalog.They`re not easy to come by, and I finally got mine during the past Il Micio Trunk Show.The hardcover booklet features 28 stunning pictures of the maestro`s shoes.Open the link (in a new tab/window) for a larger/ higher res. version!(I will also add this post to my signature bar for convenience)Enjoy the pictures! Be inspired! [[SPOILER]]
Thats the price TD`s sales associate told me over the phone, but now I think about it, the SA may have been mistaken. $1400 sounds impossible, considering the massive tariff on shoes I also remember Philip telling me that he makes sure all the retailers around the world shares the minimum price (hence no price gouging). Either way, St.C is no more at the Trading Post (except for the clearance stocks)
I think they may be cemented (not that it matters). The last is presumably 70% complete at this point (another 30% after improvements!), but even at this point, I suspect they should fit you way better than any other RTW shoes. Have fun testing them!
If I recall correctly, Marquess`s trial shoes are complete with toe/heel stiffeners, shanks, and leather soles/heels. They should last for years, if not destined to be cut opened! How often are you planning to wear them before taking them in?