or Connect

Posts by nutcracker

Thats the price TD`s sales associate told me over the phone, but now I think about it, the SA may have been mistaken. $1400 sounds impossible, considering the massive tariff on shoes I also remember Philip telling me that he makes sure all the retailers around the world shares the minimum price (hence no price gouging). Either way, St.C is no more at the Trading Post (except for the clearance stocks)
I think they may be cemented (not that it matters). The last is presumably 70% complete at this point (another 30% after improvements!), but even at this point, I suspect they should fit you way better than any other RTW shoes. Have fun testing them!
If I recall correctly, Marquess`s trial shoes are complete with toe/heel stiffeners, shanks, and leather soles/heels. They should last for years, if not destined to be cut opened! How often are you planning to wear them before taking them in?
I contacted Trading Post, and they told me they had just discontinued selling Saint Crispins RTW shoes. They were originally sold for ¥140K~ JPY. Now they are being liquidated for ¥70K~75K JPY, if someone`s lucky, there are probably some left at the various Trading Posts in town (Aoyama store being the largest).
Fantastic!! Break them in well!!! Are they going to be an austerity wingtip? or will you have broguing/medalion?
Hmmm... It doesn`t say on their website, so I may have to check their store out one day. I`ll let you know then. Mr. Carr is charging $2200 direct, so I assume it costs more than that.During the Winter sale, Trading Post in Ginza had quite a few RTW St.C for sale at 80K~90K or so.
Interesting thought! but a Japanese buyer will have many other choices of MTO shoes (with similar quality/price points) to choose from too!! In terms of being `hand made` or being fully customisable, I don`t think St.C brings anything fresh to the table for an informed Japanese buyer. Many Japanese makers offer exactly that: fully customisable MTO shoes (and 100% handmade) for about the same price or lower (the lead time is much longer though). The St.C hollowed trees...
Saint Crispins Trunk Show in Tokyo Feb 20~22 I dropped by the posh Mandarin Oriental Hotel to say hi to Mr. Carr, along with The Armoury Team. This is Saint Crispin`s first trunk show in Japan, and Philip will be offering the brand`s signature services such as the pattern/last customisation to the Japanese clients for the fist time (St.C RTW has just been discontinued at Trading Post). MTO shoes are offered at the price of 224K JPY / 2200 USD (import tax included). ...
As always! Thanks for the info! Looks like a neat solution IMO, though an extended heel stiffiners (like the one above) are probably more than adequate for normally arched feet.
Fascinating! Was this `insole up in waist` a common method used for English shoes in the past? Or was it intended as a special purpose insole? (for feet that needs extra arch support?)Some Japanese shoemakers seems to prefer this `insole up in the waist`, and I know Osamu Egawa (from o.e). uses this method as a default for all of his vintage inspired shoes. I assume Okuyama-san does so too.