or Connect

Posts by nutcracker

Sadly I don`t own side elastic shoes, so perhaps some others may chip in! But yes, elastic shoes seem to have a continued popularity in Japan. Here are some pictures I took (with camera) from the old Otsuka Shoes book (pub. 1971) I recently bought. The pics showcase some of the shoes Otsuka made for the royal family. `Royal Footwear` for 3 generations of emperors (Meiji, Taisho, Showa) 1. (top) Side Elastic shoes (Emperor Meiji) 2. (right) Side Elastic boots (Emperor...
Oh forgot about that!Kanda`s got some good unagi`s and soba`s too, if I recall Maybe next time!
I believe the last / pattern is by Tony-san (and his team), and Shoji-san (and wife?) was designated to do the making.Sorry for the grainy photo (my old iPhone).
A very special pair of Gaziano & Girling Bespoke, made by Shoji Kawaguchi Last designed by Tony, shoes executed by Shoji. shoes courtesy of Masa Hasegawa
Violet!!
Excellent observation! Never would have guessed. Thanks for your insight!By the way, today I dropped by Jinbocho, the bookstore town, and scored some old, out of print shoe-related tomes.Top: 100 years of Shoe Industry in JapanBottom two: 100 years of Otsuka ShoesGot lots of fascinating old photos, would love to scan and share on SF one day....
Great translation as always (and nice choice)!! You should show it to Akamine-san Good luck on your new venture too!!!
Marquess 3 Eyelet Derby Brown Lizard Marquess Blog
Haha, he must`ve had too much fun in HK!I`m sure Masaichi-san will make sure he won`t be disappointed with Tokyo`s night life either!!
I dropped by to see the Gaziano & Girling Bespoke Trunk Show @ Brift H, Aoyama, Tokyo The ever stylish Mr. Daniel Wegan Trial shoes for a pair of bespoke Balmoral boots (Canterbury style). Complete with stiffiners, lining, and rubber soles/heels. Hurts to see them being cut open! Bespoke samples. The new hollowed trees looked very nice too! My thanks also to Mr. Masa Hasegawa (also very stylish) from G&G! The show continues tomorrow at Tomorrowland Marunouchi...