or Connect

Posts by nutcracker

TYE Shoemaker`s Tsuyoshi Ohno interviewed by Claymoor`s List http://www.claymoorslist.com/portfolios/tye-shoemaker
I totally agree with both points!! The other team members of his workshop (all very young) are essentially his students, and their workmanship is quite amazing.
Yes they sure are!
Talkin about another venue currently in town, George Cleverley is currently having their Bespoke Trunk Show @ the Penninsula Hotel, Tokyo. Tomorrow (Sat.), Mr. George Glasgow Sr. will be at Isetan Men`s, conducting an MTO fair for the Anthony Cleverly Line. 15 models, and 3 leathers to choose from, but here is the catch... starting price ¥356,400 JPY ($3500 USD / 2100 GBP) Glad to know they are standing behind the quality of AC shoes from Isetan Men`s FB
I hope some of our fellow expatriates will make way to the Real Bespoke Exhibition this weekend! Meet and chat with Hiro-san and his talented team! Hiro Yanagimachi (FB)
Real Bespoke @ Gallery RybinaA joint effort between Hiro Yanagimachi (shoes), Fugee (leather bags), and Hitsujiya (tailor), Real Bespoke is not only a showcase for the extraordinary handcrafts made by these top Japanese artisans, but also a celebration of the Bespoke-making culture in Japan. The exhibit is organized into 3 zones. The first zone shows the design and construction process (predominantly by hand) from each of the 3 disciplines. The second zone is a showcase...
Real Bespoke Exhibition starts today! @ Gallery Ryabina, Omotesando 3/18~3/23 http://realbespoke.info from Hiro Yanagimachi FB Hopefully I can snap some photos to share on this thread!
The latter They only offer one width. If you fit a standard E in English shoes, should be no problem IMO.
Spigola`s MTO allows only minor last adjustments (to accommodate high instep, for example), and they don`t offer trial shoes either. They do allow minor, if not reasonable changes to the designs (on/off a medallion etc...).
Thanks for your kind words!MTO shoes` soles are taken to a contracted factory to be machine stitched.The sewing machines for the upper are old Singer Cirdar`s and old Seiko`s.and yes I absolutely agree. Their stitchwork (both bespoke and MTO) is outstanding.