or Connect

Posts by nutcracker

Here it is. The mother of all menswear sale in Japan is starting tomorrow morning. Yes, I mean the Isetan MEN`S Clearance Sale! I know some of our members are going, just expect long lines in the Summer Heat!! The entire list of brands on sale is available on their website (thankfully in English) http://www.miguide.jp/cl/ise/shinjuku/index_eng.html#mens
Here is another example. G&G Crust / Midnight Blue, a pic I took at the G&G factory
Hmmmm.... how bout some Chelsea Boots in Norwe stitching?and some George Boots in Norwe (actually a bespoke pair for a lady, the above`s wife)TYE Shoemaker blog
Talking about boots... Here is a new bespoke sample: Field Boots by TYE Shoemaker TYE Shoemaker blog
Thanks for posting Daniel, and I totally agree what you said there on the end.and Welcome to the thread!
Understood. Makes a lot of sense. Thanks DW, B-S.
The Kawaguchis work too much. Considering the amount of back log orders they have, I hope they can expand their shop (with a few more apprentices) and finally get some break
The longer time probably also reflects the fact that many Japanese shoemakers work alone (or a duo). Spigola and Hidetaka Fukaya (Il Micio), both who has a team of 4 or 5, churns out shoes much more timely. I asked Hide and I recall him say 40 hrs.
B-SThnx for the informative post.I feel bad for creating the confusion. Yes, I must have got the numbers wrongI was told by someone else (not directly by the maker) that they spend 2x the time the others do (40 sounds just about right). So that will be 80 hrs, not 160hrs as I assumed. Thanks for the correction.
Thanks! That is a lot of pages to scroll...Regal is a massive company, and the last time I checked, they have 4 main factories in Japan (one factory making 800 pairs/day). I believe their output in Japan has been decreasing significantly over the years, moving out to China and elsewhere instead. While I can`t get their exact figures now, their revenue (and output) still continues to grow. Yes, not all are GYW shoes, and frankly a lot of them (probably the majority) are...