or Connect

Posts by nutcracker

(From a picture I took a while ago)Beautiful leather!
Splendid!! Nishiyama-san is one of the so-called `Next Generation` of English trained shoemakers (all based in Osaka), and possibly the first to officially open a business. Many (if not all) of the Osaka gang are pupils of Jason Amesbury: they went and apprenticed around the same time, and have all returned recently. They are a close-knit group of die-hard Anglophile shoemakers, I`ve been told Nishiyama-san (he also was an outworker for Foster and Lobb London while in...
Couture boots like that would look gorgeous on models walking on runwaysBut I can`t imagine anyone I know personally who may be daring enough to wear that on the street though
Here are some other shoes by TYE with stud buttons. Can`t tell if they are indeed the same hardware, but seems like it.
Sorry too cool to pass up TYE SHOEMAKER Bespoke Button Up Boots TYE Shoemaker FB
Hiro Yanagimachi Interview on Claymoor`s List!!
Il Quadrifoglio raises his game! Single Strap Monk Espresso calf and lizard w/ original buckles
For those who haven`t seen yet, YOHEI FUKUDA, still arguably the hottest bespoke maker in Japan, has an excellent Facebook page with lots of pictures. Written entirely in English. A must see! FB Link and Mr. Cho from TheArmoury did a few posts documenting his trial fitting session with Fukuda san. instagram link
Yet another TYE Shoemaker Bespoke Chukka Boots RUBIS Buffalo Skin Upper TYE Shoemaker Diary
Thanks for your kind words (again!), Ville! but most I really do is to gather interesting pics from the web. I definitely don`t have the full dedication that requires to successfully run / write / moderate a web site, and I am 100% happy now being able to share and talk about this topic on Styeforum. I`m also really glad that the thread gets insights from members like DW or B-S, who chip in real experience and knowledge that I am eager to learn from! (I also had a chance...