or Connect

Posts by nutcracker

Thanks folks!! Yeah, his old atelier was definitely more accessible (but the new one is larger). The bag cost about one pair of Fukuda bespoke.
Thank you! (the bag above is the complete product, and shoes ... probably 6 more months)
Thanks fellas! Hi Jeff! Yes the trial shoes are cemented. Well finished and polished, they look good enough for me to wanna keep it!!
And another goody waiting for me to pickup.... (not exactly shoes but please bear with me) Frame-top briefcase by Fugee 100% hand stitched. Dark Brown shrunken calf by Dupuy. Blue stitches and Navy skiver lining. Waited 15 months for this. (current wait time is 3 years for a bag) and back 15 months ago.... Selection! selection! Bags made from finest exotics.... Selected a whole piece of hide, lining, and threads Mr. Fujii. The Master
Returned to Japan from a long hiatus, and a pleasant surprise waiting at home.... My second pair of trial shoes from Murata-san, aka Main d`or Well made and polished (dark brown). Final shoes to be made with brown baby calf Pleasantly shaped round toes Foot issues well addressed Yes my feet are really skinny. The baguette shape reminds me of those old English bespoke samples made really thin. I kinda like it. The final pair will have an all black sole with a...
Great stuffs B-S!
A great looking pair of bespoke Full Brogue Adelaides by HIRO YANAGIMACHI Made for a client from NYC, who apparently learned about Hiro-san through STYLEFORUM~ A big congrats! HIRO YANAGIMACHI Facebook
(From a picture I took a while ago)Beautiful leather!
Splendid!! Nishiyama-san is one of the so-called `Next Generation` of English trained shoemakers (all based in Osaka), and possibly the first to officially open a business. Many (if not all) of the Osaka gang are pupils of Jason Amesbury: they went and apprenticed around the same time, and have all returned recently. They are a close-knit group of die-hard Anglophile shoemakers, I`ve been told Nishiyama-san (he also was an outworker for Foster and Lobb London while in...
Couture boots like that would look gorgeous on models walking on runwaysBut I can`t imagine anyone I know personally who may be daring enough to wear that on the street though