or Connect

Posts by nutcracker

Hiro Yanagimachi Interview on Claymoor`s List!!
Il Quadrifoglio raises his game! Single Strap Monk Espresso calf and lizard w/ original buckles
For those who haven`t seen yet, YOHEI FUKUDA, still arguably the hottest bespoke maker in Japan, has an excellent Facebook page with lots of pictures. Written entirely in English. A must see! FB Link and Mr. Cho from TheArmoury did a few posts documenting his trial fitting session with Fukuda san. instagram link
Yet another TYE Shoemaker Bespoke Chukka Boots RUBIS Buffalo Skin Upper TYE Shoemaker Diary
Thanks for your kind words (again!), Ville! but most I really do is to gather interesting pics from the web. I definitely don`t have the full dedication that requires to successfully run / write / moderate a web site, and I am 100% happy now being able to share and talk about this topic on Styeforum. I`m also really glad that the thread gets insights from members like DW or B-S, who chip in real experience and knowledge that I am eager to learn from! (I also had a chance...
Here`s more Clematis with funky stitching. I took these photo during my last visit (I didn`t take the one above). (DW, I`m digging through my photo album looking for some interesting stitching, hope something will catch your eyes )
Sole stitching by Clematis Link to the original post (Clematis`s Boots) I say around 16~18spi? (he doesn`t use a marking wheel so it varies by location) Sole stitching by Main-d`or I recall these are 14 spi. Murata-san uses marking wheel. English trained shoemakers (Marquess, Hiro Yanagimachi etc...) tend to go for typical UK standard (10~12 depending on the type of shoes). Locally trained makers like Takano-san above (Clematis), Yokota san (now defunct Saion),...
Glad to be at your service!As for the #2792 one, I thought it was neat how a row of coarse stitches was sandwiched by rows of fine stitches.
Hmmm... digging for more Clematis (with interesting stitchwork) from my photos
Some interesting stitch work by Takano-san @ Clematis