or Connect

Posts by spence

Quote: Originally Posted by trader For those that haven't handled a Glaser briefcase, it's built like a buttery soft tank. It's very sturdy. And the hidden outside pockets allow for quick access to documents you might need while traveling. There are also some rivets on the bottom so you dont have to worry about getting your bag dirty or scuffed when setting it down. They really do make a great travel case. I'm really diggin these right now from the...
Quote: Originally Posted by ter1413 then what's da sin? They don't really fit.
Quote: Originally Posted by spence This is an interesting option I hadn't seen before. Nice that it's a local product made in my area... This is great...Lotuff & Clegg is located a few miles from my house! I had no idea. This might give them serious points. Thanks again for the link...
Quote: Originally Posted by countcount +1 on Glaser If you don't mind a used Glaser, watch eBay. They pop up everyone now and then for good prices. There were 2 last week. I'd buy a used one if it was like an off lease auto What bugs me about the Glaser bags is the slight element of marketing fluff that detracts from an otherwise beautiful bag. The branding for the frame on the inside, the attachment of accessories via velcro...I'm sure...
Quote: Originally Posted by Sazerac I'm in the same boat, except I'm looking for something pretty thin, in the 3-4 inch range. A couple I've found... http://www.lotuffclegg.com/products/...Briefcase.html This is an interesting option I hadn't seen before. Nice that it's a local product made in my area... thanks for all the ideas so far! -spence
I think the Filson is probably an incredible value if you don't want much bling. Have a love/hate relationship with Tumi. Quality is excellent, I've had a wheeled suiter for years and it still looks great. Of course just last week a woman grabbed it by mistake coming of a commuter aircraft down South...nothing in it of note (EZ jacket, C&J shoes, RLPL shirt etc...) and thank god they found her before she got too far from the airport. I looked at the Papworths online a...
Been hunting a while for a nice work briefcase and was curious if anyone had any suggestions. Of course I've read all the old threads... Needs to be able to carry a normal laptop stuff, folio and perhaps a few magazines or papers, pretty much the standard 17 x 12 x 4-6" size. I travel frequently by air so the ability to weather well is important. When in the airport it would be hung from the hook on my two wheeler so the handle needs to be friendly to that and this may...
That's a nice deal. Sweet briefcase...
I'll take the Dunhill bag.
My contributions. Dunhill Sidecar zippered portfolio and a Dunhill Confidential Computer case. -spence