or Connect

Posts by spence

Cleaning out the closet and some ties must go. A few of these have been worn multiple times but many are either new or have been worn just once. All decent quality made in Italy or the USA. I don't note any flaws on the ties that have been worn. Some that have keepers have had the tag removed. There's a new Ike Behar with the 89 dollar price tag still on it. All good serviceable ties for someone trying to build up their rotation. 16 ties total. Price includes shipping to...
Nice, best deal around has been STP and these are even cheaper.
Quite excellent pair of black cap toe balmoral dress shoes by Borrelli size 45 EU or about 11-1/2 -12 US. Was hoping they'd fit my average 12D foot but they're just a tad too tight. They certainly could work for a narrow size 12. I believe these were actually made by Peluso and are constructed very well. Bought new and worn a single time by myself. They are in pristine condition and have remarkably little creasing from the initial wear. The soles look more worn in the...
Allen Edmonds Fairfax and Slayton both are sized 12D on the number 4 last. These were bought new by myself and worn 2 or so times as the wear on the soles should indicate. The Fairfax looks brand new aside from the creasing from the first wear. The Slayton are in fine shape as well just needing a polish which I'll do before they're shipped. The right Slayton has a small (pencil eraser sized) dimple in the vamp which is visible in the photo. They came this way new but were...
Nice, I love my scribes...
I think you may be over thnking everything.Make pizza. Then make more pizza. I've made so many mistakes I couldn't count them all. But I make damn good pizza today...
Yes, feels 1/2 canvassed. It's light though so there's not a lot going on. For the record, and not that anyone really cares, but I did decide to keep it. The fit, especially in the arms and shoulders is really quite good and I while I have several navy coats none is a traditional blazer. Will make a good coat to stuff in the luggage in my business rotation. I've been traveling with some nicer coats quite a bit and it's showing. thanks-
Took a closer look and I'm not even sure it's 1/2 canvassed. Surprised at the 1000 dollar retail.
Picked up a lightweight navy blazer from STP. Antique bronze buttons. Grey interior label says "Hickey Freeman" with the HF logo above in the same script as on their website. Model is "Mechanized". Retail on the tag is 995.00. It's not a LTD but doesn't necessarily feel like it's fully canvassed like my other HF jackets are. Does anyone know what the construction on this coat is? With the coupon it was $275 but if it's fused it's going back... thanks - spence
Amazing pair of Zegna XXX fatte a mano brown leather loafers. Specific model number is 99A0529X-NAT-CUI. Made in Italy. Retail $675.00. These would be in my rotation but I think they're just a tad big for me. Marked as a US 12 D I'd say they run true to size if perhaps a 1/2 size long. If you're a 12-12-1/2 they should be perfect. Width is a bit narrow like many Italian shoes but not overly so. The leather on these is really fine with excellent hand work as is evident...