or Connect

Posts by travis157

Thanks for the responses!I think I'm going to give it a try. I won't get my whole wardrobe at one place, but maybe I can pick up a couple outfits at each one and make some progress. And I would think the styles and products at some of the bigger places would have enough variety that it wouldn't be too much of an issue.Yea, I just have difficulty telling them what exactly I want. I know it fits when I see it (well, ok, at least half of the time), but how to get there is...
I'm in my late 20s living in NYC. I'm making a very healthy amount of money, but I'm also incredibly busy between work and a wonderful wife and one year old son. I've attempted to learn how to dress well by using this forum for a while and I think my only success was the suit I got for my wedding a while back. I have a hard time selecting the right fit and finding styles that look good on me -- I think my most recent shopping trip ended up with a look that in hindsight...
Thanks for the input everyone. This has been helpful in my decision, which has been solidified as silver cufflinks and no studs. Thanks again.
I have a wedding (mine) coming up and I'm wearing a tailored two-piece navy suit with a light gold/champagne tie at the brides request. It may not match some style standards on here, but it makes her happy and does look very nice. I'm wearing french cuffs to dress it up, and so need some cuff links. I don't own any, and would love some suggestions of what might color and style would work well. I was leaning toward plain silver cufflinks myself, but am not sure (and...
Not to keep reviving this thread, but what about just a 2-piece suit instead of the 3-piece for my wedding? After trying some on, I'm not sure a vest looks great on me. It could be that I just haven't found the right one yet, or need to get it tailored to me before I like it. I've found a nice two-piece dark navy suit that I think could look really good especially when tailored, but I may be making it too informal.
Quote: Originally Posted by MrDaniels I think you have a valid point, but as the bride is not going formal a dressed-up suit is a good match. If he were to wear a blue blazer with gold buttons, cream pants and a repp tie I would be concerned. Hmm, I'm not sure whether or not I described the bride's dress accurately since all I said was "very nice but not a ballgown". I considered it not fully formal because of the shoulders and lack of veil...
I agree. LRMD's suit is great! If I can pull off something that looks like that, I'll be happy.
Thanks for all of the replies, this is helpful although I'm still undecided about tuxedo vs black (or midnight blue) suit vs solid dark (navy or charcoal grey) suit. I'm worried that a non-black suit will not look formal enough next to my bride, but I think I'm going to talk to the tailor and look at some fabrics or examples and see if I still feel this way. If it's a suit, it'll definitely be a 3-piece with a peaked lapel, black cap-toe shoes, french cuffs. Decisions,...
Thanks for the reply. I have no intention of blindly following my planner, but I figured it was worth considering her opinion of what might look good. I am American, and the wedding is being held in the southeastern United States in a fairly modern space on the top floor of a building in a city.
I am having a wedding in late November with the indoor ceremony starting at 6pm and a reception following. From what I understand, about 5:30pm will be sunset time on that day (with dusk ending just before 6pm), so it would be an evening ceremony. The bride will be wearing a very nice dress (but not ball gown style) and I want to look appropriately good. I was initially thinking of wearing a tuxedo, but both the bride and the wedding planner think that I might look...