or Connect

Posts by clarksdb

I have a brooks brothers extra slim fit shirt and a slim burberry tie. I use a four in hand knot and what I've noticed is that directly below where the knot is the tie does not cover the middle part of the shirt completely (placket). Is this okay? Seems like there is no way a slim tie + slim knot would cover it.
What did we do to you?
Thanks will do it then. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't breaking any rules. I've done the plain white linen pocket square many times before so just wanted to change it up a bit. It's still a white linen but the red edges will add a bit of style. I'll do a simple fold with the edges stacked in a layered effect.
Attending a wedding: Will wear a grey suit, black shoes, solid white shirt with a navy blue pin-dot tie. Thinking of wearing a linen white pocket square with red edges. I'm thinking the contrast in color of the red edges of the pocket square and the navy blue tie will work. Agree or disagree? Picture of pocket square: http://www.kentwang.com/pocket-squares/linen-white-with-red-edge.html
Attending a wedding: Will wear a grey suit, black shoes, solid white shirt with a navy blue pin-dot tie. Thinking of wearing a linen white pocket square with red edges. I'm thinking the contrast in color of the red edges of the pocket square and the navy blue tie will work. Agree or disagree? Picture of pocket square: http://www.kentwang.com/pocket-squares/linen-white-with-red-edge.html
Thank you so much. Great advice..will scroll through those and decide.
Posting my plain combo but if someone can help me out though I know its a pocket square thread. I recently just bought this Hugo Boss magenta pin dot tie here in Canada. Obviously being Canada the price was $110 and I know Hugo Boss doesn't have a great reputation here. Though the tie does say made in Italy. Should I return it or keep it. I love the color and I'm a newbie at folding ties yet it created the best dimple I've ever had (this is my first 'good' tie). I feel...
I recently just bought this Hugo Boss magenta pin dot tie here in Canada. Obviously being Canada the price was $110 and I know Hugo Boss doesn't have a great reputation here. Though the tie does say made in Italy. Should I return it or keep it. I love the color and I'm a newbie at folding ties yet it created the best dimple I've ever had (this is my first 'good' tie). I feel like I should keep it because finding a quality magenta pin dot tie is pretty hard. I mean I see...
Are the ones you're quoting low rise? Just curious.
I am attending my cousin's engagement party this Saturday evening (indoor event). So far I am going to wear my Howard Yount light grey trousers, with a light blue shirt, purple pin dot tie, and a navy blue blazer. For shoes I am debating between black AE Park Avenues, brown AE penny loafers, or brown AE wingtips. I know for weddings rule is to wear black shoes mostly but is this true for engagement parties as well?