or Connect

Posts by bobbers

In the father and son photo with their DB tuxedos, it appears both of them have all buttons fastened. After checking the Double Breasted Style post pictures, most of them have the bottom right button (from the wearer's perspective) not fastened. What is the rule for this?
The suit has been sold. This RLPL suit is New With Tags: the store price tag and a sleeve tag are still attached, but the jacket's interior size and info tag has become detached. Color is solid dark navy. UPDATE 3/7 10:18 PM: upon a buyer's request, I remeasured the shoulders, chest, sleeves, and waist. Pics of the measurement have been added to the bottom. Sorry, I do not know if this is a custom fit. The jacket: - 4x2 double breasted, tagged as the Drake model,...
I had a pair of boots made in late 2010. Came to HKD 2150 including trees and Topy, and it took one week.
An in person option, I would get an Oxxford at a Filene's Basement suit event. Usually $1200 then suit event discount should bring it down to $900, but factor in the cost of alterations as well.
Quote: Originally Posted by DoTheGrownup Can't speak to Last Call, but Off Fifth always has either a sale going on or an email coupon for 30% or 40% off one item. I would go with #4. I get Last Call 30% and 40% off email coupons every now and then. They have Hickey Freeman (mainline, fully canvassed) for $599 regular price, and with the coupon it would fit into your budget with money left over for alterations. I'd also buy it in person so...
All items have been sold. For sale are two used pairs of Crockett and Jones shoes. Both pairs are size UK 10.5E on the 348 last and come with original boxes. Shoes were purchased in Northampton as subs with boxes clearly marked as such. BONUS: I only have one used pair of C&J flannel shoe bags. The first buyer will receive the shoe bags with their purchase. Highbury bluchers Price is $125 shipped to continental US. Sorry, no returns. SOLD . Black calf. ....
If you can wait, hit Filene's Basement at a suit event. You should be able to get an additional $100+ off a suit in that price range. The FB stores on Connecticut Ave and on Wisconsin have the best selections. There is a DC area Nordstrom Rack is accessible to the carless, off of Pentagon City Metro next to Costco. My choice would be to hit Neiman Marcus Last Call. Get on their e-mail list, and you can get notified when there are sales. Recently there was 40% off a...
Quote: Originally Posted by Nautilus Seriously. Times like this, you have to ask yourself, would you like the suit if it was any other brand, even a much lesser brand? If the answer is no, then skip Exactly. These were the same ones I saw couple months I ago. Back then, there was a nice wool charcoal gray pinstripe (I think someone caught flak for flipping it on B&S but I can't find the thread) also for $999. Certainly better deals can be...
Quote: Originally Posted by jrd617 If by "RLPL," you mean "Lauren by Ralph Lauren." then yes, the Pentagon City store ALWAYS has RLPL suits. Here's what at Pentagon City right now. RLPL 100% Linen, peak lapels, double breasted, in 42R 44R 42L 44L, marked $999.
Earlier this year I saw Ralph Lauren Purple Label three piece suits for $999 at Marshalls. Once in a while I'll see Allen Edmonds (usually loafers) in the shoe department. But still not worth going out of my way to dig through 99.999% crap to get to one nice item if I'm lucky.