or Connect

Posts by bobbers

JoeWoah, I have a feeling the Loro Piana you mentioned is a "Loro Piana cloth" suit - similar to the Zegna/Zegna cloth suit confusion in an earlier post. At Arundel Mills Neiman Marcus Last Call today, there were 20% off signs all over the place. Hickey Freeman (main line) suits were on sale at $480. Take another 20% that make it $384 for a canvassed suit is a pretty good deal in my opinion.
Last weekend I went to Off 5th in Franklin Mills (Philadelphia, PA). Most of it was the usual crap but they did have a couple racks of Purple Label casual clothing. The most interesting item I saw was a Kiton cashmere sportcoat sized Eu 56 - light grey with a subtle windowpane (either orange, maybe). Full retail tagged $4700, Off 5th price $999.
Recently I've begun dropping off my less valued clothing to Menzfit, an organization that helps people get prepared for entering the workforce, including providing interview clothing. www.menzfit.org They give you a form that you can fill out for a record of the donation, and the donator fills in the value of the goods. With the items you've mentioned - in the condition they're in (holes) - I think you'd be better off donating.
Both Filene's Basements at both Mazza Gallerie and Connecticut Ave got some new stuff in. At Mazza Gallerie, there's a rack from Andrisen and Morton and a rack from Mitchells. At Connecticut Ave, there are new racks of Borelli and Dolce & Gabanna, and a bunch of Mitchells items in the rack in front of the upstairs registers. At the Marshalls in Pentagon City, earlier this week I saw a RLPL solid blue suit on clearance for less than $600 -- 42L I think. There was also...
measurements were taken in store in early 2007 ordered four shirts 12/15 received e-mail confirmation 01/09 received shirts 01/22 I received three of my first choices, but on one of them the numbers were switched. I ended up getting Jantzen*2508, which I find hideous and I have no plans on wearing any time soon. I can't imagine what occasion I would wear it.... maybe I'll keep it just to have the spare buttons.
I've usually found many more laceups to loafers in Nordstrom Rack's AE selection. But I think one needs fortunate timing. For example at both Shady Grove and Potomac Mills, I used to see a lot of AE Byron, a very dressy shoe in my opinion. But when I finally decided to get it, they were all gone. At Shady Grove today, there was a lot of an ugly looking bicycle toe laceup, I forget the model name but its been sitting there for quite some time.
My take on shoes: Filenes Basement Connecticut Ave - has some AE Dryden for $219 right now. Has some Dario Dodoni at $299 and other DD on clearance for $210 (I started a recent thread on this brand). The other FBs at Mazza Gallerie, National Place, and Rockville don't have anything remarkable. Saks Off Fifth, Neiman Marcus Last Call - never found anything interesting in the couple times I've gone there Syms Rockville - Has some AE Kennett at $159 and with their...
Filene's Basement on Connecticut Ave has a better suit selection than the one at Mazza Gallerie. Occasionally, they have a Suit Event where all suits are 25% off - they just had one within the past month I believe.
Thanks for all of the comments. I think I will keep them. For those in the DC area, these were at Filene's Basement on Connecticut Ave.
I only noticed those creases just when I took the picture... for that reason alone, maybe I'll exchange them if I can find another in my size.