or Connect

Posts by bobbers

Lately I've been to a number of the area Nordstrom Rack locations looking for Allen Edmonds. The same models seem to keep popping up: walnut Clifton, chestnut 6th Avenue, black Neumora double monk, black Bergamo loafer, black Madison Avenue. Prices are $199, and $229 for the Neumora. I even saw Park Avenue a couple places: 10D at 18th& L and 11EEE at Pentagon City. I didn't see any AEs in the clearance section though. At Potomac Mills Neiman Marcus Last Call, there are...
For sale is a pair of Edward Green shoe trees. These were originally purchased at Sky Valet in Washington DC and I used them for a pair of RLPL Peering sized 11.5/12. The trees are unlacquered and have a few black spots from stray shoe polish. I think these trees only come in whole sizes, though I do not know if one would size up or size down, nor I do not believe these trees are for a specific last either but someone else has more info let me know. Approximate length and...
Nordstrom Rack opened a downtown location at 1800 L Street NW. Haven't been to this one yet, but for the other DC area Rack locations I've found that the AE selection hasn't been as good as it used to be. Apparently there were long lines to get in. http://apps.washingtonpost.com/g/page/local/nordstrom-racks-downtown-debut/107/?hpid=z4
Allen Edmonds doesn't list any Rochester area retail locations/dealers on its website, however there is a Lord and Taylor at Eastview Mall. The Lord and Taylor near me usually carries a couple models; give them a call to see if they carry any. Also, Jos A Bank lists some AE models on their website. Not sure if they carry them in their retail stores (two in the Rochester area).A little further away, don't bother stopping at the Waterloo outlets. I've never found anything...
Yes, that's the one. In North Bethesda.
Over in White Flint Mall, the menswear store Bruno Cipriani is having a liquidation sale . Dress shirts are 50% off, and buy 2 get 1 free also applies; so basically buy three for the price of one at full price. Borrelli shirts 3 for $425 or so, Sartoria Partenopea 3 for $245.
I have this tan/black houndstooth jacket. Any suggestions on shirt/pants to go with it?
For sale is a lightly used Hartmann leather messenger bag. I used it a couple times but it does not fit the computer I bought. It is made of black leather with nickel hardware. Measures 15.75" by 11" by 3.5". This is the item here (though in the description, it mentions the shoulder strap is padded. The shoulder strap is not padded). http://www.luggagepros.com/hartmann-limited-edition-messenger-bag.shtml Full retail price is $295. My price is $80 shipped to continental...
don't forget Sky Valet http://www.skyvalet1.com/ if you're looking for EG or C&J.
I had my first pair, a pair of balmoral boots, made in late 2010, and had one fitting with the canvas model before getting the final product. When I returned to HK in late 2011, I did not get an intermediate fitting on the second pair as I was pressed for time and the first pair fit generally fine although the "V" opening is wider than I wanted. The second pair doesn't fit as well as the first; it's a bit tight at the widest part on the right shoe. It's also a bit more...