or Connect

Posts by bobbers

For sale is a used pair of SANTONI shoes in a brown color with rubber soles. Made in Italy, these shoes - model: Jensen - are marked size 11.5 D. In my opinion, these shoes are an elongated last. I usually wear 11 E in Allen Edmonds and I sized up to get them, so they always felt "long" on me. Shoes only; no box available. Sorry, no returns. Approximate measurements on outsole: Length: 13 inches Width: 4.25 inches My price is $49 shipped to continental USA; other...
For sale is a used pair of NETTLETON Traditionals shoes in a burgundy color with leather soles. These shoes are marked size 10.5 A with AAA heels. The leather soles and heels look to have plenty of life left and the insoles look in great shape. There are some scuff marks especially on the left toe and on the rears of the shoes. Shoes only; no box available. Only one pair of shoes has laces. Sorry, no returns. Approximate measurements on outsole: Length: just under 13...
While watching a Syracuse basketball game last night, the camera crew had a shot of coach Jim Boeheim and he had a really loud garish lining to his sportcoat. Upon further inspection, the lining was based on a photograph of the Carrier Dome crowd. Today I found this article in the Syracuse newspaper from 2014 that mentions Boeheim's clothes are made by Adrian Jules; the article describes how Boeheim's sartorial decisions are made and the process that goes into it (as well...
For sale is a new pair of Gravati ankle boots. Made in Italy, these suede boots have a zipper closure and are marked "Gravati per Wilson and Dean for Wilkes Bashford" model number 18020, marked size 10 1/2 M. The shoes still have store tag attached and come with box. The shoes have signs of being tried on and there is some writing in silver marker on the right sole. These boots measure approximately 12.5 inches length and 4.375 inches width on the outsole. My price is...
For sale is a new, never worn, pair of Vass shoes. This pair is the London model (a five eyelet plain toe blucher) made on the Budapest last. Comes with box, shoe bags, shoe trees, and one pair extra laces. Marked size 44, these shoes measure approximately 12 inches length and 4.125 inches width on the outsole. My price is $350 shipped to continental USA including insurance. Prices to other destinations on request. Sorry, no returns.
I recently acquired this watch. Any suggestions on a watch band besides stainless steel?
Yes, one initial visit to the shop is all it took for me. I picked a last to work from (the salesperson did offer input on which one would best work for me) and then tried on various sizes offering feedback. Though I think an intermediate fitting would have only helped with the sizing.Funny you mention a Hong Kong shoemaker. I was hoping Attila would be step up from Zee's in HK but really not comparable. Better quality, more choices in lasts, but at 2.5-3x the price and...
I visited the Budapest shop in early March 2015 to place an order, based on feedback I saw here first. I wanted something sleek but not too clown like, and from the website I liked the Attila last. When I visited the shop and saw the lasts, the decided to go with the slightly more elongated Hunor last. Gabriella, the salesperson, took two chalk tracings as well as three tape measurements. She noticed I have one foot was wider than the other and that I had flat feet. After...
I asked the Vass salesperson about their custom option, to solve the wide foot/normal heel issue. She seemed to discourage me from it. But I did get an MTM pair from Attila a few blocks away. It should arrive next week, and I'll put pictures/impressions in the Attila thread.
I found that when ordering a wider width in narrow lasts, the heel gets wider too and I start to get slippage; I think I suffer from wide feet but a comparatively normal heel.