or Connect

Posts by bobbers

I was in Budapest last week, and I have a picture of seven museum calf swatches as opposed to the six above.My picture of the regular calf swatches didn't turn out good, one color was lost in the store lighting. I was hoping someone could help with identification.
When I lived in Adams Morgan, I would go that little shop for minor things like a shine or plastic heel/toe taps. Last year I brought in a pair of balmorals to get new heels and to be stretched, and a pair of bluchers to get Topys. When it came time for pickup, he said "I'm not done stretching the bluchers". I almost started screaming at him "you weren't supposed to stretch the bluchers" (they were already a touch wide to begin with). Then I looked at the heels on the...
As noted in the Allen Edmonds thread, pairs of AE are showing up at Burlington Coat Factory for $99-$139. I went to three Northern Virginia locations on Sunday looking in 10.5-11-11.5 and found the following below. It should be noted that except for one, every pair was in not in the marked size section as if someone was hiding these like George Constanza. Bailey's Crossroads: Geary longwing blucher brown cald 11.5D brown in the 10.5 section Quinton suede balmoral 8.5 3E...
I was at Arundel Mills last night. Not much left in 10.5-11-11.5.10.5 D: Clifton in brown calf $14010.5 B: Lake Forest blucher in chili11 3E: Presidio loafer in black11.5 D: Schautal reddish brown suede longwing blucherAt Gaithersburg just now:10.5 D: Schautal reddish brown suede longwing blucher11 D : Haight black chelsea boot $10010.5 D, 11.5 D: Eagle Country boot in light gray $100
I picked up a new pair of AE Sutter at Burlington Coat Factory of all places; I didn't know AE were carried there. Only a couple pairs of AE in my size, but fortunately this one was in my width and a relatively inoffensive style. $119 at Jersey Gardens.
I was in Budapest last week. Prices were HUF 135000 for the standard lasts and HUF 155000 for the Italian lasts. I didn't see the price of boots, as the gorgeous U- and F- last boots are way too narrow for me. Price was HUF 210000 for custom shoes, but it requires a second shop visit. I asked about a VAT deduction (since I was leaving the EU) and they either didn't understand me or pretended not to know, so I asked for and got a 10% cash discount. HUF 9000 for trees.I have...
For sale is a new pair of brown captoe balmoral shoes from John Lobb. These shoes are the Stafford model from the Prestige line are in dark oak antique calf and are marked size UK10.5E on the 7000 last. These shoes are marked S (Seconds) on the inside, and the box is marked R. You can see from the condition of the uppers and the wear on the soles that these shoes show signs of trying on/store wear only. Shoes comes with box, bags, and trees. Price is $625 OBO shipped to...
I visited the Hickey Freeman Factory Store in Rochester over the weekend. Although the street address is N Clinton Ave, the entrance to the factory store is off Avenue D. Their current promotion was buy 1 item get 15% off, 2 items 20%, 3 for 25%, 4+ for 30%. The sales associate said people would buy a suit and three pairs of socks to get 30% off all items; consequently no more socks are left and the next cheapest item is a pocket square. Anyway, I was mainly looking for...
For sale is a pair of Ralph Lauren loafers - the Grassmoor model - made by Gaziano and Girling. These shoes are marked size 10.5/11 D on the KN14 last and are in dark brown burnished calf. Shoes are new though have light signs of store wear. Shoes only, as no bags, no box, and no trees are provided. My price is $489 $449 $425 (or best offer) including shipping and insurance to United States. Prices for other destinations available upon request. Sorry, no returns.
What's your budget and where are you located?