Posts by bobbers

The Marshalls in Tysons now has maybe ten pairs of Alden for sale - mostly laceups, not just loafers - in various sizes and widths from $299 now marked down to $199. I didn't see any shell, mostly in black calf but a couple pairs in brown or tan. The shoes show signs of store wear (creasing). My pair:
Part of it was the "thrill" of scoring a deal (which stores like TJ Maxx and Marshalls count on shoppers having). I found a Kiton sportcoat in my size recently at a fraction of full retail - which I'd never pay - at Marshalls and I was thinking here's another thousands off full retail deal and only one of them for sale, I shouldn't pass it up.While I like it and it met most of my requirements, I have some buyers remorse and I'm still open to other things which I why I...
If one is interested in Shinola at discount, try looking at TJ Maxx. Marked $199-$229, I've seen some red clearance down to low as $139.However, I ended up getting a Baume & Mercier Clifton automatic for $860 (including signing up for the credit card to get 10% off). I still have the TJ Maxx price tag on as I'm not sure if I want to return it.
I agree with wanting a hand wind feature. My first Seiko frustrated me that I couldn't do it, so on my next purchase I decided to spend a little more (than the lowest priced Seiko 5s) in order to get a movement that hand winds; 6R15 in my case.Speaking of a good deal on a watch with the ability to hand wind, I saw the Seiko SRP713 (on 4R36 movement) at Costco for $165 which I thought was a good price for an in-store purchase you can try on, and they have their generous...
For sale is a New pair of Brooks Brothers shoes made by Allen Edmonds. These wingtip balmoral black shoes are marked size US 10.5 E (Wide). The shoes show signs of minimal wear: trying in and/or store return. Shoes only, no box. Sorry, no returns. Price is $119 including shipping to continental USA. Price for shipping to other countries available upon request.
The Seiko 5 a few posts back reminds me of my Seiko SARG005 though it costs a bit more at $300.
For sale is a used pair of black wingtip Alden shoes in size 10 EEE. Model 903 is on the Hampton Last, and the shoes currently have thin Vibram sole protectors applied. Plastic heel taps were applied previously but removed, as you can see leftover adhesive and nail holes from the taps. Comes with original box and bags. Price is $99 shipped to continental USA, other destinations available upon request.
I am thinking of getting these Peal & Co shoes, appear to be made by C&J. Is the size marked - 10.5D on 325 last - in UK or US sizing?
A few weeks ago, a new outlet mall opened in Maryland roughly one hour (with no traffic, much more otherwise) northwest of DC. I haven't been there yet, but Clarksburg Premium Outlets has an Allen Edmonds outlet and an Ermenegildo Zegna outlet is coming soon. Perhaps other SF members can let us know if those and other stores are worth the trip; I imagine it will be insane on 270 when holiday season rolls around. Full list of...
For sale is a used pair of SANTONI shoes in a brown color with rubber soles. Made in Italy, these shoes - model: Jensen - are marked size 11.5 D. In my opinion, these shoes are an elongated last. I usually wear 11 E in Allen Edmonds and I sized up to get them, so they always felt "long" on me. Shoes only; no box available. Sorry, no returns. Approximate measurements on outsole: Length: 13 inches Width: 4.25 inches My price is $49 shipped to continental USA; other...