or Connect

Posts by Richard Pryor

Bought a pair of beeswax yesterday. Wanted to make them a little darker and to protect them. Read in this thread that obenauf's was the way to go. I have a leather protective cream (brand is Clarks). Will that work? If not, where can I get Obenauf's locally? Thanks in advance. The DB are a great pair of shoes.
Quote: Originally Posted by Shirtmaven that is the problem with young kids. you dont want to pay for anything!!! What a fucking idiot!
Went with the RL Darltons. Bought a pair of their loafers as well. Thanks for your suggestions, and keep em coming!
Quote: Originally Posted by cimabue Yeah, OP, nobody owes you jack around here, let alone meeting your demands. Lurk and learn. It's all there. Or maybe your just too LAAAAAZZZZZY! Quote: Originally Posted by Henry Boogers At the risk of being lambasted by the OP I will not be posting any photos or suggesting any shoes... Quote: Originally Posted by chasingred You know you only invite hostile...
Can you guys provide a list of the consensus top wingtip shoes around here. Please provide either a link or a pic of the shoe. Doesn't have to be 10 shoes. Can be more... can be less. Please limit yourself to posting the name of the brand, the model of the shoe, and a pic or a link. If you want to say something else that's on your mind, go hijack someone else's thread. There are plenty of threads on this board that have gone way out of topic, so pick one of those if...
I live in Puerto Rico, and no local store carries either AE, Alden or any other of the brands. I could just go with the Cap toes, and wear them back to back days. They might be a little too formal for the rehearsal dinner, but no biggie I guess. Regarding Aldens at retail, I thought they never went on sale?
Quote: Originally Posted by trader If you don't need it in 2 days and can wait 2 weeks I would try these In black: http://www.shoes.shoppingsection.co....Category_Code= and http://www.shoes.shoppingsection.co....Category_Code= pics don't do them justice. do a search on here and find real life photos Can't wait 2 weeks, unfortunately. I'm also a size 12.5 (US), and it said on that page that they carry up to 12. I'm assuming...
Have a small dilema. Maybe you guys can help. I come with respect and humility, and would appreciate some advice. Please lets try and stay on subject this time. Apparently, threads titled "Spending XXX on shoes/suits/ties" creates some kind of hostility towards the OP. Once again, the price is there for the budget, nothing else. I have to buy 2 pair of shoes during the next couple of weeks. I need to get a black cap toe shoe so I can wear them with a suit to a friends...
Quote: Originally Posted by bigbris1 Let us know how it works out and how far under your $1200 budget you hit. Thanks all for your suggestions. I will order the straight tip ball in black and the wing tips in brown.
Quote: Originally Posted by illeagle you're the one who started the title of the thread with "spending $1200"... you sort of opened yourself up to it why did you even mention money in the first place if you didn't want others saying anything about it? I don't want people telling me "don't spend your money on shoes. You're a lawyer, get a job first". That kind of comment is unwarranted, out of place, irrelevant and ignorant. The reason I...