or Connect

Posts by pickpackpockpuck

elephant head makes me think thom browne x aitor throup. i'm guessing if you look up close it's not at all the same, but something about the way the elephant head is structured and the texture seems reminiscent. now i kinda want to commission a tweed sculpture
all the proportions look clunky to me, with only a few exceptions (agree that the first coat is really nice). it's a weird combination of too large and too structured (which is very 80s), as opposed to large but languid or relaxed or whatever you want to call it. i think that's why i never really love the stuff i see of his in person either. the fabrics often seem a little too rigid for the cut. he seems to do a lot of really structured twills, for instance, at least from...
wish grailed (and other b&s systems for that matter) allowed you to save items in a wish list
Swing and a miss
I've seen a little of the masnada mens up close and it's nice. Some of the fabrics were really good. Seemed one of the "artisanal" brands like l&f or something just in earth tones rather than black. I tried on some tan-ish drop crotch pants (didn't like them on).
found some time to watch some videos a few times and it definitely improved my opinion. fabrics look so much nicer in video, even compared to good quality static images. the knitwear, which i already liked, i like even more. this whole look is just a home run. the print works so good on the bottoms. the one long leather jacket is pretty sick, though I'm still not so into the other leather pieces. outerwear generally is really good (cut of the long red camo coat is...
this is my favorite so far. i think it's crazy in all the right ways (I guess I feel about this the way the Yohji guys feel about the Yohji show). i think the prints have a lot of impact but they're not overdone. maybe some of the black/yellow, like on the moto pants specifically, is pushing it a bit for me, as are the ruffled collars. but i think the color groups are generally awesome and the misses are very few. i like how many bombers were in there, and the outerwear...
Wrote this in a PM to someone, heh. But figured I'd post here to keep general convo going: I'm still a little confused about this. I know I'm in the minority here. Everyone in the Yohji thread seems to think it's his greatest work in years, but even having looked at detail shots more I'm still mixed on it. There are some pieces that are really stunning. I particularly like all the knits. Some of the pants are really great as usual, especially anything cut really full. (The...
I actually like the pants. But yeah, this was phenomenal. Last coat is amazing
Dries was awesome. Probably going to be my favorite of the season. Thought the prints and colors were awesome. Already see pieces I definitely want, and I thought the sneakers were cool. Didn't like a lot of Yohji. Colors didn't work for me. But the asymm shirts that leave the panel hanging out are great. Edit: checked some detail shots and there are on the other hand all the clever details you normally expect. Don't know. Probably need to look at things closer and watch...