or Connect

Posts by pickpackpockpuck

And then small brands that can't collect payment don't have the cash to produce the next collection, or at least not as they want to, and they end up going into debt to do it or they're late delivering and the other stores carrying them get pissed off. And if the stores get the collection late they only have it for so long before markdowns and then the sell through a look terrible. And if they only sell on markdown they're not making good margins. What a freakin mess
new LN-CC site is a pain to browse, at least on a touch pad. design is also worse. oh well. reading material: http://www.businessoffashion.com/articles/bof-exclusive/bof-exclusive-the-second-coming-of-ln-cc "Noticeably absent, however, are many of the brands that LN-CC championed in its first incarnation, but who stopped working with the business after it failed to pay them on time. LN-CC “lost a lot of collections” and that “impacted the offer in the short-term,”...
Yeah but over the course of about six years or something. Maybe more. I didn't even realize it until today.Thanks for the recs, BCD! Don't really love the Masnada. If the Marsell were black they might work. I like Guidi but am considering going the other direction too and getting something like Heschung. They're different but both could work in their own way. I'm really picky about certain things though, like metal eyelets just don't work for me.
Well, guess it's time for some new boots. What's good in the $500 range? Secondhand Guidi would be ideal I guess if I can find some black 995s to fit a 43, but what else is out there that's good in the same general style that can be had at that price?
interesting that this ever happened: kapital sashiko tote at anthopologie http://www.anthropologie.com/anthro/product/clothes-jackets-outervest/30428387.jsp#/
Not certain they have one but Kowtow might be a good brand to look at
Incidentally, there's an argument to be made that Bangladesh won't be able to make the same move up the chain to manufacturing higher value-added goods as China has, at least not unless some things change. China's very controlling govt did the very smart thing of investing in the technology and education needed to diversify its manufacturing. Early on they started doing things like small electronics in addition to clothes. Bangladesh doesn't have China's resources or...
agree, and that is why I linked those stories in particular--Apparel companies including the Walt Disney Company have reacted to such disasters by pulling their business out of Bangladesh. But that does nothing to improve the lives of workers there, many of whose livelihood, meager as it is, depends on the garment business.As the Bangladeshi journalist Zafar Sobhan wrote after an earlier catastrophe, a fire at the Tazreen Fashions garment factory outside Dhaka that killed...
think that got posted earlier. pretty funny. @dieworkwear made the point that the video is a little simplistic and completely ignores development economics. i agree with that (here's an article that gets into some of that http://qz.com/389741/the-thing-that-makes-bangladeshs-garment-industry-such-a-huge-success-also-makes-it-deadly/) but the main points are still accurate, and that's what's really troubling. stuff is just so cheap and both retailers that rely on...
anyone in the EU ever have an issue where you aren't able to order from a web shop located in another EU country? like you're in Sweden and an e-comm site in Germany or Italy says you're not eligible to order (or whatever combo of EU countries)? seems to defeat the purpose of the EU, but supposedly this is a thing.